Brenda is an Ottawa native with a small eBay store. As Treasures by Brenda she sells a variety of new, used and vintage merchandise.
A Make-Ahead, Vegetable-Infused Molded Rice Salad
If you are looking for a tasty, cold rice side dish, The Best-Ever Molded Rice Salad With Vegetables is ideal. It is a simple and satisfying make-ahead side dish, consisting of just seven ingredients -- including one and a half cups of your favorite raw vegetables.
This molded rice dish is one that I always serve when we have Christmas Dinner in July (or June or August or whenever) but of course it would be just as good whenever you need a cold side dish.
- 5 cups of cooked rice HOT
- 1 1/2 cups vegetables chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 pepper to taste
- Prepare, by either chopping or shredding, 1 1/2 cups of vegetables that you like to eat raw. These vegetables can include green onions, peppers, celery, peas, carrots, zucchini, radishes. I would avoid wet vegetables like cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Cook your choice of rice.
- Put the hot cooked rice into a large bowl with the vegetables and stir together gently and then stir in the mayonnaise, mixing well.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and then add this wet mixture to the rice and vegetables.
- Put the mixture into a 6-cup mold or other container (I simply use a loaf pan) and chill until needed.
Rate this Recipe
Tupperware 6-Cup Salad Mold
As is obvious from the photo of my rice salad shown above, you do not need to have a salad mold to make this recipe. (I used a loaf pan.) However, my salad and yours would be more attractive if you did have a salad mold like this one from Tupperware, which would have allowed me to put a second salad like my Snow Pea and Cherry Tomato Salad in the middle. (Find my recipe in the links below.)
More Salad Recipes
- Marinated Snow Pea and Cherry Tomato Salad Recipe
You will love the fresh flavors in this marinated salad!
- Grapefruit, Avocado and Cream Cheese Salad: A Vintage 1950s Recipe
A simple, 1950s salad for summer or winter!
- Double Cranberry Molded Salad Recipe From Epicurious
Epicurious shares their recipe for Double-Cranberry Molded Salad.
- Lime Sherbet Molded Salad from Taste of Home
Interesting lime sherbet molded salad recipe from Taste of Home.
- Sensational Shrimp Mold Recipe from Paula Deen and the Food Network
Paula Deen and the Food Network bring you a Sensational Shrimp Mold recipe.
© 2011 Treasures By Brenda
Is there a moulded rice salad in your future?
RecipePublishing on August 01, 2011:
Dianne Loomos on July 26, 2011:
I love rice but I've never tried a salad like this. Looks easy and delicious.
anonymous on July 23, 2011:
tandemonimom lm on July 23, 2011:
I'm not a huge rice fan but I admit this is a beautiful salad!
Susan Deppner from Arkansas USA on July 23, 2011:
Yes! I've never made anything like this, but it sounds absolutely perfect for this hot weather. Love beautiful, tasty, nutritious, and simple-to-prepare dishes like this!