Indian Recipe Rasmalai Sweets
Ingredients for making Rasmalai Sweets:
- 3 liters milk full cream
- juice of 2 lemons
- one and a half teaspoon arrowroot
- half teaspoon cardamom powder
- 8 to 10 pistachios finely chopped
- half cup chironji
- 2 pinch saffron
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 to 3 cups water
Method to make Rasmalai sweets:
1. First of all, heat two liters of milk in a heavy bottomed vessel and put it on medium flame.
2. When the milk comes to a boil, then turn off the gas.
3. Then when the milk becomes a little cold, put a little lemon juice in the milk and stir it well with a big spoon. By doing this the milk will burst.
4. When the whole milk breaks down, put the milk in a clean cloth to filter it. Then wash it lightly by pouring cold water over it. This will remove the sourness of lemon from the milk.
5. Then tie the cloth tightly to remove the water from the milk and squeeze out all the water from the torn milk.
6. Now Paneer is ready to make Rasmalai.
7. Now take out the paneer in a tray or plate. Then grate the paneer or mash it well with your hands and knead it like a dough and make it smooth.
8. After this, mix arrowroot in the paneer and mash it for four to five minutes and knead it like a dough and make it like a smooth dough.
9. Now take little part of the mixture in your hands and give it a round shape by pressing it with your palm. Similarly prepare chenna for rasmalai and keep it in a plate.
10. Now put four cups of sugar and two cups of water in a pan and put it on the flame to make syrup.
11. When the syrup starts to boil, put the prepared chena in the plate and cover it with a lid.
12. Cook the chenna and sugar syrup on high flame for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
13. When the syrup becomes thick in some time, keep adding water little by little with a big spoon. Keep in mind that the syrup should keep on boiling.
14. Put only one to two cups of water in the syrup. After cooking the chhena, when it becomes double in size, then turn off the flame.
15. Now to prepare the syrup with which Rasmalai will be served, put the remaining milk in a vessel and keep it on the flame to boil.
16. When the milk starts boiling, let the milk cook on medium flame. Then mix pistachios, saffron and chironji in milk and cook while stirring with a large spoon.
17. After some time, when the milk becomes thick and remains half, then mix cardamom powder and two cups of sugar in the milk and cook for some time. Then turn off the flame.
18. Now take out the sugar syrup and put the chenna of Rasmalai in the milk. Then keep the rasmalai sweets in the fridge for some time.
19. Enjoy this delicious rasmalai sweets after two to three hours.