I am a pastry chef. My passion is baking mouthwatering sweet treats and desserts. I am exploring and trying out new recipes every week!
What is a Marble Cake?
Marble cakes are sweet, delicious treats that people make by combining cake batter with marble chips or marble dust. These cakes are typically made with chocolate or vanilla cake batter and can be topped with marble chips, marble dust, chocolate chips or a variety of other ingredients. Many people like to make marble cakes because they're fun to make and delicious to eat. Plus, marble cakes are typically much healthier than traditional cakes. People have many creative ways to make marble cakes; they're fun to experiment with and can taste amazing.
Marble cakes are generally much larger and heavier than traditional cakes. They're also much sweeter since marble contains more sugar than other natural ingredients do. People who make marble cakes typically use a lot more marble chips or marble dust than they would for a normal cake.
Marble cakes are typically very sweet since they're based on a lot of sugar. However, some people like this quality in their desserts. Most people add less sugar to marbled cakes than they would to normal cakes. Additionally, they add less vanilla to the marble cake batter as well. This prevents the vanilla flavour of the marble from overwhelming the other flavours in the cake. Even so, most people add a lot of other ingredients to their marble cakes, such as cocoa powder and chocolate chips. These additions give their treats a rich chocolate taste while balancing out the sweetness of the marble itself.
Many people also add various combinations of other ingredients to their marble cakes- for example, coconut chips or shredded coconut to create a marbled coconut cake. Other people add chunks of fruit like apples or blueberries to their desserts. These additions give their marbled cakes an interesting flavour and texture that no one has ever seen before. People have also added different types of candy, like M&Ms or candy corn, to their marbled cakes for added sweetness and visual appeal.
Marble cakes are an excellent way for everyone to try making marbled treats at home. They're also a great way for people to show off their creativity and add their own flavors to these treats. Most people end up with delicious marble cakes that are perfect for birthday parties or other special occasions!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
Serves up to 12 people
- 70g butter
- 110g flour
- 50g dark chocolate
- 60ml milk
- 80g sugar
- 1 egg
- 15g baking powder
- 15g vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven on 160 degrees Celsius and Grease your baking tray (in case it's metal as it's not necessary to grease a silicon baking shape).
- Crunch the chocolate in little pieces and put it with the milk in a heat resistant bowl on top of a pan with water inside and put the pan on the fire (au bain marie). Heat up until the chocolate melts.
- Mix the butter & sugar until it's a light mass, then add the egg and keep mixing. Once mixed, add the flour and baking powder as well and mix everything until it's once smooth batter.
- Put the half of the batter in another bowl and mix in the chocolate sauce.
- In the half without the chocolate you add the vanilla sugar. Now we created chocolate cake batter and vanilla flavored batter to create that 'marble' effect.
- Put one layer of vanilla batter in the baking tray and after that a layer of chocolate batter. Keep adding layers until all the batter is in the tray.
- 'Cut' with a knife through the batter to create a 'marble' or mixed batter.
- Bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes on 160 degrees Celsius.
- Let the cake cooldown.
- Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments! Don't forget to follow me to stay up to date.
Do you love French Bulldogs or do you know someone who loves it? This mug is a perfect Christmas, anniversary, graduation or Birthday gift! Click here to get yours.
Do You Love Cakes & Do You Want To Bake The Victoria Sandwich Cake?
Sponge cake (you might know it as Swiss Roll) is one of the oldest forms of cakes. It is a very popular product all around the globe, because it's so easy to make. It was invented a long time ago, in the year 1615 to be exact. But only in the 18th century bakers started to use eggs in the batter and it became popular in Western Europe.
The Victoria Sandwich Cake is also known as the Victoria Sponge Cake and Victorian Cake. This delicious Sponge Cake is the typical British treat to eat while you sip your tea.
Queen Victoria started to organize her own tea parties around the year 1855. The simple sponge cake was one of the favourites of the Queen. After her husband, Prince Albert, died in 1861, the Queen spent time in the Osborn House at the Isle of Wight. At this place the Sponge cake was named after Queen Victoria.