I am a pastry chef. My passion is baking mouthwatering sweet treats and desserts.
What is a Marble Cake?
A marble cake is a striped or spotted (marble-shaped) cake made from a mix of light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake, in this case mostly vanilla and chocolate bars. Other options include strawberry or other fruit flavors (especially cinnamon marbled coffee cakes) or other spices. A piece of marble cake, one of the first sources of information printed on marble cake, can be found in a local cookbook by Malinda Russell. Previous recipes used jaggery and spices to create a deep blend.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
Serves up to 12 people
- 70g butter
- 110g flour
- 50g dark chocolate
- 60ml milk
- 80g sugar
- 1 egg
- 15g baking powder
- 15g vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven on 160 degrees Celsius and Grease your baking tray (in case it's metal as it's not necessary to grease a silicon baking shape).
- Crunch the chocolate in little pieces and put it with the milk in a heat resistant bowl on top of a pan with water inside and put the pan on the fire (au bain marie). Heat up until the chocolate melts.
- Mix the butter & sugar until it's a light mass, then add the egg and keep mixing. Once mixed, add the flour and baking powder as well and mix everything until it's once smooth batter.
- Put the half of the batter in another bowl and mix in the chocolate sauce.
- In the half without the chocolate you add the vanilla sugar. Now we created chocolate cake batter and vanilla flavored batter to create that 'marble' effect.
- Put one layer of vanilla batter in the baking tray and after that a layer of chocolate batter. Keep adding layers until all the batter is in the tray.
- 'Cut' with a knife through the batter to create a 'marble' or mixed batter.
- Bake the cake for about 40-45 minutes on 160 degrees Celsius.
- Let the cake cooldown.
- Enjoy and let me know what you think in the comments! Don't forget to follow me to stay up to date.
Do you love French Bulldogs or do you know someone who loves it? This mug is a perfect Christmas, anniversary, graduation or Birthday gift! Click here to get yours.