|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch / corn flour
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon curd
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- yellow food colour
- For sugar syrup - Take 1 cup of water, 1 cup of sugar and a pinch of salt in a sauce pan and boil it until one string consistency is attained. Turn off the flame and add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to sugar syrup and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Add 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1 tablespoon corn flour, 1 tablespoon curd, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, a pinch salt, food colour and 1/2 cup water in a bowl and mix well.
- Once completely mixed, add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to the batter and mix gently.
- Transfer jalebi batter to a piping bag and cut the tip.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying jalebis.
- Once oil is medium hot, squeeze the piping bag from inside out to form round spirals.
- Deep fry and flip cook until it becomes crispy.
- Transfer jalebis to sugar syrup.
- After 1 minute, remove jalebis from sugar syrup and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Delicious hot jalebis are ready to serve.
Amy (author) on September 16, 2020:
Thank you so much for your support! I appreciate it very much.
Have a lovely day!
Prithviraj Shirole from India on September 15, 2020:
I love Jalebi! Thanks for the sweet recipe, Amrutha.
Amy (author) on September 03, 2020:
Thanks for your comment.
I’m sure you will enjoy this instant jalebi when you get around to making them.
Danny from India on September 03, 2020:
I always take readymade jalebis from supermarkets. Want to try to myself once. Your instructions are handy.