Karin is an award-winning writer, editor and publisher of Christian and secular works in Europe and the USA.
Quick and Easy
Originally from Ireland I adapted my grandmother's delicious Irish Stew recipe to give you an original blend. As red meat is soooo expensive these days - chicken is probably the best and cheapest option. It is in my opinion the best for this dish! This dish uses gluten free ingredients. Enjoy!
- 2/3 chicken breast, Fresh no skin
- 1 medium onion, Chopped
- Sprinkling garlic salt
- Tablespoon virgin oil
- 10 pounds bag potatoes, Peeled and diced
- 2 lb bag Bolthouse Farms baby carrots, washed and ready
- 1 cube Knorr stock cube
- 4 cups water
- Put 4 cups of water in bottom of large pot. No more than around 2 inches of water.
- Add virgin oil so that potatoes and meat won't stick. Add garlic salt.
- Peel and dice the onion. Add to pot.
- Take the chicken breasts and rinse in cold water. Chop into small to medium size cubes and add to pot.
- Open packet of carrots, rinse and add entire packet to pot.
- Add stock cube.
- Peel entire bag of potatoes, chop into cubes and add to pot.
- Bring to boil and simmer on a low to medium heat for around 1 hour or until potatoes, meat, carrots soft and squishy and water has been absorbed! If you prefer a more runny stew add more water.
- Stir occasionally to ensure potatoes/meat don't stick to bottom of pan. Add Kosher salt to taste or more garlic salt if required. Serve hot with gluten free bread.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Karin McBride-Chenoweth