I am a foodie who loves to test out new cuisine whenever I can. My taste buds tend to lean more towards spicy, rich flavors.
A quick and easy chicken recipe
If you are like me, looking for easy to cook chicken recipes, then you have landed on the right page. This easy and quick chicken recipe is a Chinese variation. The diced chicken is soft, delicious, spicy, and colorful. It can be prepared in under 15 minutes. Cooking takes about 15 minutes. You can have the diced chicken with boiled rice, fried rice, or Chinese noodles.
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 crushed garlic cloves
- Diced chicken (around 450 g)
- 1 small red chili pepper
- 2 green peppers
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- A pinch of sugar (also optional)
- Salt to taste
- Half a can of diced bamboo shoots
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour which is mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic.
- Fry them till you get a cooked smell of garlic. This will take around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken pieces along with diced chillis and pepper. Mix well.
- Fry till chicken is cooked.
- To accentuate the taste, you can add the white wine, soy sauce, chicken stock, sugar, and salt into the pan.
- Mix well.
- Add the can of bamboo shoots.
- Cook on further for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cornflour and water. This is added to create a thick sauce.
- When the sauce is thickened enough, off the flame.
- Your diced chicken and peppers dish is ready! Enjoy.
Kalpana Iyer (author) from India on March 31, 2013:
Glad you liked the recipe :)
Susan from India on March 27, 2013:
An awesome recipe with simply mouth watering picture. Thanks for sharing.
Eiddwen from Wales on April 22, 2011:
A great recipe to bookmark and thanks for sharing.
I will let you know how it turned out.
Susan Zutautas from Ontario, Canada on April 20, 2011:
This looks really good and I look forward to trying it. Thanks so much.