Coffee cake is one of my favourite cakes and I‘m pretty sure both coffee and chocolate lovers are going to love this. Coffee cake as such is really delicious and I do really enjoy soaking the cake in coffee syrup and frosting with whipping cream. The best part of this recipe is that it’s a very simple to make.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons warm milk
- a pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Baking mould for cake
- 2 large bowls
- Whisk / beater
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Grease the cake tin with butter or use a parchment paper to line it.
Sift all purpose flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until it becomes frothy
- Add vanilla extract and beat well.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and beat well until it becomes fluffy.
- Gradually add sunflower oil and beat until it mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to the egg batter and slowly mix it using a spatula by until no lumps are present.
- Add warm milk.
- Add vinegar
- Mix the batter using a spatula
- Transfer this batter to a cake tin lined with parchment paper.
- Tap the cake tin multiple times in order to remove the air bubbles present inside the batter.
- Bake it for 30 - 35 minutes in a preheated oven
- To check the cake has baked well, insert a skewer into the middle of the cake. If the skewer comes out clean, then the cake is perfectly baked.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes and then demould the cake to a wire rack.
- Let it cool completely.
- Frost it with coffee syrup and whipping cream.
- Serve cold!
© 2021 Amy
Amy (author) on February 21, 2021:
Hi Abby! Thanks for stopping by and glad you liked!
Abby Slutsky from America on February 21, 2021:
This looks delicious. Your pictures were great visuals. Thanks for sharing.