Here are some recipes that kids love to eat, are easy to make or can be made ahead. Cookies, snacks and menu ideas.
M&M Cookie Recipes
I love M&M candies, whether they are plain, peanut, peanut butter or almond filled. So it stands to reason that I would also like M&M cookies, right? I have a couple of recipes that I've used over the years, but when I decided I wanted to share one of them, I Googled "M&M cookies recipe" and "M & M cookie recipes" to find ones that were soft and chewy.
I was surprised to see that many of the recipes are pretty close to being the same-----but, I did find a few that were different. In this article I want to share a recipe of my own and some of those "different" M&M cookies that I found on the web.
One of the things I did notice about the different recipes was that they all sounded and looked delicious. They all included beautifully colored images of their "melt in your mouth, not in your hand," M&M's cookies.
Vanishing Oatmeal M&M Cookies
The recipe for this tasty looking "Vanishing Oatmeal M&M Cookie" can be found at Paperseed A quote from the author of Paperseed, "My absolute favorite cookie recipe of all time is found beneath the lid on canisters of Quaker Oats, called Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. The only difference is I omit the 1 cup of raisins and instead use two cups of M&Ms."Did You Know: The M&M characters made their television debut in 1954.
Are you in a hurry, but need some quick cookies? Make these cookies using a white Pillsbury cake mix.
- 1 pkg. white cake mix
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with Pam.In a large bowl, mix together half the dry cake mix with the peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well.Stir in the rest of the cake mix. Add the M&M's and stir til combined and moistened.Drop by teaspoons on cookie sheet. Press down slightly.Bake 10-13 minutes or until the edges are golden and the centers barely set.Remove from the oven, let rest for 1 minute and then remove to rack to cool.
Pretzel M&M Oatmeal Cookies
To find the recipe for these Pretzel M&M Oatmeal Cookies, go to the blog page at Bakers RoyaleNaomi's intro reads: Crushed Pretzel (and) M&Ms lend a crunchy and a sweet and salty bite to some chewy oatmeal cookies.Did You Know: The M&M candy was modeled after a hard sugar coated chocolate ball that the Spanish soldiers ate during the Spanish civil war in the 1930s. The hard sugar covering kept the candy from melting.
Chewy Strawberry M & M Cookies
Find the recipe for these Valentine themed M & M cake cookies at Moscato Mom.
M&M Sugar Cookie Bars
These M&M Sugar Cookie Bars are anything but ordinary. But, you'll find the recipe at the one ordinary day website.
These beautiful cookies are another choice for Valentine treats. You can get the recipe for the M&M Cookies at Vicarious Foodie. Did You Know: During World War II, M&M's were sold to the military to be included in the American soldiers rations, which caused the production of M&M's to skyrocket.
Creme Filled M&M Chocolate Cookies
This cookie is almost a candy treat.
- 1 cup oleo
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 T. milk
- 1 teas. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 ccup cocoa
- 1/2 teas. salt
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 T. sugar
- Creme filling (below)
- 2 sm. pkg. M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with Pam.In a large bowl, mix the oleo, sugar, egg yolks, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt. Mix into first mixture and stir til well blended.Chill the dough for about half an hour. Slightly mix the egg whites. Combine the corn flakes, coconut and sugar in a bowl.Roll the dough into 1" balls, dip into the egg whites and then roll into the corn flake mixture. Place on the cookie sheet and press your thumb into the center each cookie. Bake for about 10 minutes.Cool on a wire rack.When the cookies are cool, place 1 teaspoon of the creme filling into the center of each cookie, filling the thumbprint. Gently press an M&M into the center of the cookie.Creme Filling:1/2 cup butter1 cup marshmallow creme1 teas. vanilla3 cups powdered sugarMix all ingredients together.
M&M Shortbread Cookies
I just realized that I have never made shortbread of any kind. When I see shortbread recipes they all seem to include cornstarch, I guess I'm going to have to make these and see what the difference is. To get the M&M Shortbread Cookies recipe, go to the Sweetflutterbys3 website.Did You Know: At the beginning, M&M's came in cardboard tubes.
Peanut Butter Cookies
by Blog Chef.net
This combination of peanut butter and M&M's is delicious. The recipe came about because, as Bobbi says, "I decided peanut butter alone wasn't enough so I decided to add M&M's as well." I'm glad she did. For her recipe, Peanut Butter Cookies, go to Blog Chef.Did You Know:
© 2011 Loraine Brummer
Do you have a favorite M & M cookie recipe? - and leave a comment
deforst on May 21, 2013:
I can't thank you enough...combining my two favourite things, cookies and M&M's...it's the best idea in the world!!!!!
Monica Ranstrom on July 09, 2012:
Great lens! I love that you found so many different recipes! How fun!
anonymous on June 29, 2012:
These cookies are perfect on holidays. It's sweet and colorful, kids will enjoy them.
queenofduvetcover on December 14, 2011:
Love this lens! Yummy! =D
sarahrk lm on December 14, 2011:
OMG. I love baking ercookies for the holidays. I am going to try the Peanut Butter and Oatmeal cookes with them this weekend. Thanks
anonymous on December 14, 2011:
love me some m&m cookies indeed! enjoyed my visit on your lens this morning, thank you.
harubel on December 12, 2011:
i will made any of item of themlooks very easy
privresearch on December 11, 2011:
Very fun cookies
VandaRose on December 09, 2011:
will definitely make these with nieces and nephews!
ciwash on December 07, 2011:
Nice work. I would have went with the raisins but yours look so much better (and I assume taste better). Thanks for the time and effort you put into this article.