Shwetha Bhat is passionate about food and cooking. She loves to experiment in the kitchen and share her recipes.
Banana Juice Or Banana Puree
Banana is one of the best travel food as it doesn't need cooking. They are tasty and nutritious food that can be introduced to babies from 6 months. The little one will love this as they are sweet in taste.
Bananas are rich source of potassium, fibers, Vitamin B6, C and B2. They maintains hydration level in babies. They help babies to gain weight, strengthens the bones, improves memory and eyesight and cures constipation.
Banana puree is very quick and easy to prepare.
Banana Puree Or Banana Juice For 6 To 24 Months Babies
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes 3/4 bowl 1 banana and 1/2 cup of water
- Peel off the skin and chop the ripe and fresh banana (discard the peel).
- Transfer to the mixer jar or blender.
- Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Blend to fine puree.
- Transfer to the bowl and serve fresh with the spoon.
- You can simply mash banana with the fork or masher, add water and serve to baby. No need to use blender also (but for 6-8 months baby it is advisable to use blender).
- Add water according to the consistency required.
- You can replace water with milk (breast milk or formula milk for below 1 year old and other milk for above 1 year old). Adding milk gives creamy texture to the puree.
- Choose ripe and fresh banana to make puree.
- Do not keep chopped banana unused for long time. It will turn black. Use it immediately.