Kimberly Martis is a Dutch Caribbean freelance writer. She writes about culture, beauty, tv-shows, music, movies, odd jobs and fiction.
As you may be well aware of you can see and do anything and everything in Amsterdam. The same goes for food as you can enjoy almost every cuisine that the world offers. In some cities, these cuisines don’t include vegan options. Fortunately, there are more than enough restaurants in Amsterdam that offer vegan options. And even better there are plenty of restaurants that don’t just offer vegan options but only serve vegan food. Here is a list of the best vegan restaurants that Amsterdam has to offer.
Vegan Junk Food Bar
The Vegan Junk Food Bar offers exactly what the name of the restaurant states. Burgers, ribs, fries, pizza, mac & cheese, and nachos to name a few of the options. And of course, everything on the menu is vegan so you can indulge in all of it guilt-free.
Vegan Junk Food Bar has multiple locations in Amsterdam:
- Marie Heinekenplein 9, 1072 MH Amsterdam.
- Staringplein 22, 1054 VL Amsterdam
- Eerste Van Swindenstraat 389, 1093 GB Amsterdam
- Reguliersdwarsstraat 57, 1017 BK Amsterdam
At Meatless District the menu changes every season. Regardless of the constant menu changes the delicious dishes that the restaurant serves are always vegan, (with organic options) and freshly made. You can visit Meatless District for breakfast, lunch, and diner although breakfast is only served during the weekends.
Meatless District has multiple locations in Amsterdam:
- Van Woustraat 189 - 191, 1074 AM Amsterdam
- Bilderdijkstraat 65-67, 1053 KM Amsterdam
Mr. Stacks, Pancakes and Tea
If you’re looking for a delicious vegan breakfast than Mr. Stacks, Pancakes and Tea is the place to be. As the name already states they serve pancakes. But not just simple pancakes. And besides that, they also serve all kinds of tea.
- Address: Govert Flinckstraat 122, 172 EM Amsterdam
Vegan Restaurant Bonboon
Vegan Restaurant Bonboon offers its guests a 3, 4 or 5-course meal 5 days a week. The menu changes but the food that's being served is always vegan. This makes this restaurant the ideal place to enjoy a multiple course vegan meal for a very reasonable price.
- Adress: Piraeusplein 59, 1019 NM Amsterdam
Sla means lettuce in Dutch which fits this restaurant perfectly. At Sla they use fairtrade (biologic) products to serve the best salads, cakes, soup, smoothies and more.
Sla has multiple locations in Amsterdam:
- Westerstraat 34, 1015 MK Amsterdam
- Ceintuurbaan 149, 1072 GB
- Middenweg 55B, 1098 AD Amsterdam
- Utrechtsestraat 10 H, 1017 VN Amsterdam
- Amstelveenseweg 124, 1075 XL Amsterdam
- Claude Debussylaan 35, 1082 MC Amsterdam
- Haarlemmerdijk 50-h, 1013 JE Amsterdam
Benji's is not a strictly vegan restaurant as they also serve vegetarian dishes. But their menu does have a very wide range of vegan options. They serve different sweets, bowls, and hot meals during brunch and diner.
Benji's has multiple locations in Amsterdam:
- Baarsjesweg 188, 1057 HR Amsterdam
- Maassluisstraat 243, 1062 GA Amsterdam
- Wibautstraat 196, 1091 GS Amsterdam
Mr. & Mrs. Watson
Mr. & Mrs. Watson is a multiple award-winning vegan restaurant. One thing that really sets them apart from other restaurants is that they serve delicious vegan cheeses and vegan cheesecake. But if your not a cheese lover then they also have plenty of different options for you to choose from.
- Address: Linnaeuskade 3h, 1098 BC Amsterdam
Oliver Green is a great restaurant to visit if you want to enjoy plant-based food. Their food isn't only plant-based but is also doesn't contain any refined oils or added sugar. And on top of that, all the meals are also made with whole foods provided by local suppliers. This way you can enjoy the best sweets, (warm)bowls, and smoothies.
- Address: Eerste Oosterparkstraat 7, 1091 GT Amsterdam
Beter & Leuk
Beter & Leuk serves vegan breakfast and lunch. Besides that, you could also visit the restaurant to enjoy a vegan high tea. And if you're a fan of cake you can order a delicious cake from the wide range of homemade cakes offered by the restaurant.
- Address: Eerste Oosterparkstraat 73-91, 1091 GW Amsterdam
Vegabond is not only a planted based deli but also a store. So besides eating planted based cheese, vegan pizzas, wraps, and vegan ice cream to mention a few options you can also shop the best vegan products.
- Address: De Clercqstraat 48, 1052 NH Amsterdam
© 2020 Kimberly Martis