|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch salt
- Take a bowl and whisk together butter and sugar until it becomes soft and fluffy batter.
- Add sieved flour, baking soda and a pinch of salt to the prepared batter and mix well.
- Now add vanilla essence and knead the dough until it becomes soft.
- Make a log or roll of dough and cut into equal parts and press the dough into any desired shape. You can use a fork for making designs in the cookies.
- Place the butter cookies in a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 170 degree centigrade for 25 minutes.
- Yummy butter cookies are ready to serve. You can store it in a airtight container once it becomes cool in room temperature after taking from oven.
© 2020 Amy
Amy (author) on August 25, 2020:
So glad you enjoyed the recipe! Thanks for taking the time to write to me.
Shawindi Silva from Sri lanka on August 25, 2020:
I'm really interested in your cookie recipe!!
Thank you so much for sharing !
Amy (author) on August 22, 2020:
Hi Brenda! Thank you so much for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe. If you do try it, let me know how it comes out!
BRENDA ARLEDGE from Washington Court House on August 22, 2020:
This recipe sounds easy enough.
I might give it a try.
Thanks for sharing.