Rozlin loves to cook delicious meals for her family and share her recipes with her readers.
Veg aloo wrap
Aloo frankie is an Indian street food prepared with yummy potato patties. It is kid friendly, snack recipe which can also be enjoyed in tiffin box. I prepared it in the evening and my family enjoyed this frankie a lot. You try it too and share your experience with me.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
Ingredients for stuffing
Cooking the stuffing
How to make the dough and roll the roti?
Ingredients for assembling
How to assemble & grill?
For the wrap:
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour, (maida)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, (gehun ka atta)
- salt, as per taste
- 1 cup water, or as required
For the stuffing:
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon haldi, (turmeric)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 potato, medium size, boiled & mashed
- 1/4 cup green peas or corn, boiled
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- salt, as per taste
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
For the assembling:
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- cheese, grated
- onion, slices
- Heat a pan or kadhai and add oil. Now add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
- Then add haldi and red chilli powder.
- Now add boiled and mashed potatoes, boiled corn, or green peas, garam masala, chaat masala, salt and give a good mix. Keep the flame low.
- Mix till everything comes together and the masala leaves the sides.
- Add chopped coriander. Mix well and keep stuffing aside.
- Let us make the dough. In a mixing bowl, take all purpose flour, wheat flour, and salt. Mix well.
- Add water as required to make a medium soft dough. Cover it for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, knead the dough again for 10-20 seconds. You will notice that dough has turned soft.
- Take out a small portion. Sprinkle some atta on your countertop or chakla and roll it into a thin disc.
- Now put it on a hot pan or tawa at high flame. Let it cook on one side for 10-15 seconds then flip it over and let it cook completely.
- Now take one roti and apply some mayonnaise mixed with ketchup and add some cheese.
- Place the stuffing by shaping it in a flat cylindrical shape.
- Again, apply some mayonnaise mixed with ketchup, some onion slices, and some cheese. Fold it tightly and insert a toothpick.
- Grill it in a grill pan. Grease the pan with oil and place the wrap.
- After some time, remove the toothpick and flip it, let it grill for some time then serve it.
Suggestions & Variations
You can adjust quantity of red chilli powder according to your taste.
You can add green chutney or chilli sauce to mayonnaise instead of tomato ketchup.
If you do not want to make roti , you can use readymade tortilla wraps for this recipe.
To grill the frankie, you can also use grill sandwich maker instead of grill pan.
you can also grill it on a plain fry pan if you do not have a grill pan.
© 2021 Rozlin