I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen and sharing my favourite recipes with the world.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Soaking: 12 hours
- 300 g of dried chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of coarsely ground cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ¼ tsp of ground coriander
- ¼ tsp of ground cloves
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 4 tsp curcuma
- 1 onion
- 100 g leek
- 2 tbsp of peanut oil
- 1 l of vegetable broth
- 2,5 l of coconut milk
- 20 g of sprouts, eg. of onion
- Leave the chickpeas to soak overnight. Drain and rinse. Cook them in plenty of freshwaters for approx. 1 hour. Drain and let it drain. In a mortar, finely pound the chilli and cumin. Mix with coriander, cloves, cinnamon, paprika, ginger and turmeric to make a curry powder.
- Finely chop the onion. Halve the leeks lengthwise and cut them into thin strips. In a skillet or wok, lightly toast the curry powder without fat until you smell the curry. Add the onion, leeks and oil. Fry briefly. Add the chickpeas and sauté a little more. Extinguish with the broth and coconut milk. Season with salt and serve with the sprouts. Serve with focaccia.
You may be interested to read
- Healthy Yogurt Cake- Special food - Quick and easy recipe
The healthy yogurt cake is a light and delicious cake, perfect for breakfast or a snack every day,A quick and easy recipe to prepare.
- Moroccan coffee with cinnamon and coriander - Special food
Moroccan coffee with cinnamon and coriander is a concentrate of goodness, which sees the happy marriage of spices known and appreciated...
- Family Food: POLENTA GNOCCHI WITH GORGONZOLA, A FIRST RUSTIC
- Family Food: Pumpkin and almond cake
© 2020 special food
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on November 22, 2020:
We keep canned chickpeas on hand. We could use those instead of the dry ones, and save time in making your recipe. Of course, we would drain and rinse them first before using them. Your recipe sounds tasty!
Nigel Koay from Malaysia on November 22, 2020:
wow, this seems to be a nice chickpea recipe, the balance of spices are there, will try it!