|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2/3 Cups White sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 Cup Whole milk
- 1/2 Cup Olive oil, You may choose to use vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cup All-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream or plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cup Fresh blueberries
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Gather all ingredients and a 2 large mixing bowls; set aside. Side note: Make sure to wash fresh blueberries before using.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine olive oil, sugar, 1 egg, milk and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Set bowl aside.
- In the last empty bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder. Mix together with a fork until the salt and baking powder is completely mixed into the flour.
- Pour dry ingredients into the bowl containing the wet ingredients. Mix until no longer lumpy; do not over mix.
- Stir in sour cream. Mix well. Fold in 1 cup blueberries
- Grab the muffin tin of your choice to either make small muffins or regular sized muffins. Spray the top of the muffin tin with cooking spray so the muffin tops wont stick to the tin. Put in muffin liners into each spot of the tin. Evenly distribute the mix into the tin. Leave about an inch and a half of empty space near the top.
- Add remaining blueberries evenly to each tin and sprinkle with white sugar. (Putting blueberries on top of mix will help make the blueberries even throughout the muffin. It will also look better.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees. Cook tip: stab one of the middle muffins with a toothpick and if the toothpick comes out clean the muffins are done. Let cool for 5 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.
Debra Gallagher (author) from Oregon on February 09, 2017:
The sour cream is the trick for me.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on February 09, 2017:
how did you make the muffin puffed up so well? More baking powder?
Debra Gallagher (author) from Oregon on February 05, 2017:
Let me know how it goes when you try them please! :D good luck and good eating!
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on February 05, 2017:
This looks so fresh and delicious! I can notice some changes in the ingredients that I normally use while making muffins. I would like to follow your combination of ingredients next time.
Thanks for sharing!