Ashly shares food made with LOVE! A self-taught mom chef of three boys, she comes from a long line of amazing homemakers with food flair!
Moist Banana Bread
Just Go Bananas
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, after seeing the look of satisfaction on my boys faces after eating the banana bread, I'd say it works on little dudes too. Mom win!
More times often than not the fresh bananas go forgotten on the counter. Once bright yellow with a tinge of green very quickly turn into very sad looking bananas covered in brown spots. Then they become an attraction for those pesky fruit flies! However this is the prime opportunity to make delicious banana bread!
As a busy mother I find I do not always have time to whip up a batch of homemade banana bread when I notice they have turned, and sometimes it's only one or two bananas left over and a recipe calls for about 5. What I started to do is peel the bananas and toss them in a gallon ziplock, and toss in the freezer for a later date.
When it is time to whip up a batch a quick microwave thaw is all I need to have ready bananas!
This Banana bread is so soft, moist and sweet it goes down better than birthday cake. Be ready for it to be devoured in minutes. Perhaps plan for a double batch because this is by far the best quick and simple banana bread!
You're taste buds will thank you!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
serves 4 to 6 hungry mouths
- 5 Over ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Betty White Is Right
My mother always used to say: 'The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.'
— Betty white
- In blender: Combine the bananas, hot water and baking soda Blend until forms thick liquid
- In separate large bowl beat eggs add sugar, butter and vanilla Beat on Medium speed for approx 2 mins
- add some flour add some banana mixture repeat until all of flour and banana mixture is combined (alternating between the two a little bit at a time helps ensure smooth and even mixing)
- Add nuts and mix slightly or fold in (nuts are optional)
- Pour into greased glass 9x13 pan *or well greased muffin tins! Bake at 350 Degrees for approx 1 hour until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
I made this while nursing our 3 month old and am always looking for a way to boost my fiber or protein intake. I Sprinkled this hemp, chia and flax blend all over the bread mixture before cooking (approx 2 or 3 tablespoons)
The kids didn't even notice and it gave my milk production a lil boost! #momwin