INEGREDIENTS (some need to be prepped according to the details in the INSTRUCTIONS below)
Prepare some of the ingredients below BEFORE adding to the slow cooker:
1 lb. ground mild Italian Sausage (browned and drained on stove)
2 large, Sweet Potatoes (steamed and peeled on stove)
1 large Onion (peeled)
1 bag of dried Great Northern Beans (cooked according to package directions)
1 bag of Kale
2 or 3 - 32 oz.Vegetable Broth (or chicken broth) containers
Cajun Keto Seasoning (optional)
Salt & Pepper
- In a frying pan over medium heat, brown the ground Italian SAUSAGE.
- After the Italian SAUSAGE is cooked and drained of fat, place it in the slow cooker with the kale.
- Add two or three inches of water to a large steaming pot and then place two SWEET POTATOES in a steamer basket over the water. Bring water to a boil and boil the sweet potatoes for about 20 minutes until they are fork tender. Cut the large ONION into small pieces and place them uncooked in the slow cooker. (There is no need to pre-cook the onion). After the sweet potatoes have cooled off, run them under cold water and the skins should peel right off with no problem. Cut the cooked sweet potatoes into two inch pieces and place them into the slow cooker.
- If you have purchased the triple washed KALE in the bag (my recommendation) there is of course no need to wash it before placing it in the slow cooker. If you have the fresh kale on the stem, trim the stem and wash and dry the and cut into smaller pieces before placing it in the slow cooker.
- Cook the dried GREAT WHITE NORTHERN BEANS on the stove according to the package directions.
- When the SWEET POTATOES have cooled down, run them under cold water and the skins should come right off. Cut the potatoes into small pieces about 2 inches and place them in the slow cooker.
- After cooking the dried WHITE BEANS on the stove (refer to step #3 above), make sure they are well done. They can be al dente, but you should be at least fork tender before placing them in the slow cooker.
- Pour 2 to 3 containers (32 oz. each) of the VEGETABLE BROTH over the ingredients in the slow cooker and mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Add SEASONINGS of your choice: some good choices might be Keto Cajun powder, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning combination, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in well.
- Close your slow cooker and turn on high for at least 4 hours. After the four hours, take a taste test. If you think any of the ingredients need more time to meld, turn slow cooker to low and cook for another two hours.