Delicious and simple recipes for cooking lovers. Cook with love, and you will certainly succeed!
Please your family by cooking delicious Greek-style baked potatoes, tender inside and crispy outside, on a festive day. Oregano, lemon juice and olive oil add a Greek flavor to the festive side dish. A flavorful Greek-style potato side dish is a versatile second course that will adorn any holiday.
|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
700-900 g potatoes-peel and cut into pieces
50 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
3 large garlic cloves-peel and chop
70 ml olive oil
50 ml water
1 tbsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
3. Place the sliced potatoes in a single layer in a 22x33x5 cm baking dish.
4. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, crushed garlic, olive oil, water, and dried oregano. Season the aromatic dressing with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
5. Pour the prepared aromatic mixture into the pan with the potatoes and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
6. Cover the pan with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
7. Remove the mold from the oven. Increase the heat to 220 degrees. Carefully remove the foil (be careful not to burn yourself with steam). Turn the potatoes to the other side with a wooden spatula.
8. Return the potato pan to the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes, turning the potatoes over if necessary, until tender on the inside and crisp on the outside.
9. Place the Greek-style baked potatoes on a serving platter and enjoy!
Cooking potatoes in Greek: simple, delicious and flavorful (video in Russian)
Rawan Osama from Egypt on June 08, 2021:
It seems delicious! I will try it