I love to cook soups, Easy to cook, delicious and it's my comfort food. I can eat soup anytime and anywhere.
Because I live in a Tropical Country, our climate is shifting toward summer, but people in the Polar Regions are experiencing the opposite, and to help you get through the winter, I've compiled a list of soup recipes that you can make at home. These are more delicious than most soups, but there's no reason you can't eat any soups you want. Just remember to reduce the amount of seasoning you put in every soup you make.
I compiled a list of my favorite soup recipes and The majority of the recipes in this article are ordinary home recipes. Let me know if I missed anything by leaving a comment below.
Here are some soup recipes to keep your heart and soul warm:
Coconut Squash Soup
Sail your worries in a creamy squash soup. In no time, you'll be feeling much better. For a refreshing kick, add lemongrass and ginger to this vegetable soup recipe.
500 grams squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
Olive oil, to saute
salt, to taste
4 stalks lemongrass, washed and sliced in half lengthwise
½ inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
1 400 ml can coconut milk
2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
1 cup chicken stock
1 200 ml pack coconut cream, plus extra to serve
fish sauce to taste
croutons, to serve
How to make Coconut Squash Soup
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the squash, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place in a single layer on a baking pan coated with parchment paper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Set aside from the mixture.
- In a large pot over medium high heat, combine lemongrass, ginger, coconut milk, and 2 to 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside for 10 minutes. Strain mixture into a bowl and discard ingredients.
- Over medium-high heat, return the liquid to the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until shallots are translucent.
Oriental Style Soup Recipe
This soup is simple to make and is a homemade version. To add thickness and texture to this favorite, use vermicelli noodles.
100 grams vermicelli noodles
100 grams chicken breast, cooked
2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed in ¼ cup water
6 cups chicken stock
2 medium eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Spring onion for garnishing (Optional)
How to make Oriental Style Soup
- Soak the vermicelli for 30 minutes in water, then drain and cut into little pieces, then set aside.
- Strip the chicken until it has the floss consistency. Set aside.
- Sauté onions until transparent in a medium-sized pot.
- Add the chicken stock to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook for 5 minutes.
Crab and Corn Soup Recipe
Why settle for a mix when you can cook this crab and corn soup from scratch in no time? This recipe mixes crab meat and canned corn to make it quick and easy to prepare while also giving you the comfort of knowing you're not preparing something straight from a box.
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 medium white onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
250 grams crab meat
1 425-gram can cream-style corn
1 432-gram can whole kernel corn, drained
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups water
2 to 3 large eggs
salt, to taste
ground pepper, to taste
How to make Crab and Corn Soup
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the oil and add the garlic and onion. Cook until the crab meat is cooked.
- Pour the contents of the cream-style and whole kernel corn cans, add water, and stir to combine. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Allow for a 10-minute simmer. ¼ cup liquid should be removed from the pot and combined with the cornstarch in a separate bowl. Return the mixture to the pot once the cornstarch has been dissolved. Allow for a 5-minute simmer. Add the beaten eggs and stir to combine.
Easy Vegetable Soup
This simple vegetable soup has all of the tastes of the milky soup, but it's packed with veggies instead of the usual ingredients. You can add any vegetables you like, and you'll still end up with a hearty and warm bowl that reminds you of home.
1 medium red onion, peeled, sliced
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 large carrot, peeled, cubed small
1 piece chayote, peeled, cubed small
1 medium potato, peeled, cubed small
1 liter water
2 pieces chicken bouillon cubes, or any flavor as desired
1 154-ml can evaporated milk
ground black pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
How to make Easy Vegetable Soup
- Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the onion and stir to prevent it from sticking. Cook until fragrant.
- Carrots, chayote, and potatoes should be added at this point. To blend, stir everything together. Fill the pot halfway with water and add the bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat to keep it warm. Cook until the vegetables are soft, it's about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the evaporated milk until everything is well combined. Season with a pinch of ground black pepper pepper. Serve immediately.
Egg Drop Soup
This soup, with its silky tendrils, is the ideal starter for a Japanese meal. But it's the quickness with which you can throw this together that makes it excellent for any meal. This light-flavored soup is simple to make with a little know-how.
1 chicken bouillon cube
4 cups of water
1 clove garlic, peeled, grated
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, grated
1 tablespoon fish sauce, or to taste
1 large egg
2 teaspoons sesame oil
3 stalks spring onion, sliced into 1-inch lengths
How to make Egg Drop Soup
- Bring water to a simmer in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir in the chicken bouillon cubes until they are completely dissolved. Add in the garlic, ginger, and fish sauce, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl with a spout, mix together the egg and 1 tablespoon water. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow the soup to simmer, then drizzle the egg into the heated soup while stirring with a spoon. (When the egg touches the simmering soup, it cooks instantly and forms tendrils when the soup is stirred.)
- Season with sesame seed oil and salt and pepper to taste. Before serving, ladle into bowls and garnish with spring onions.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe
A thick and creamy soup made with steamed broccoli and melted cheese.
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets and stalk trimmed and chopped
1 tablespoon butter, Optional
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons flour
2 cups vegetable stock
½ cup cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
white pepper, to taste
How to make Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Steam broccoli. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a separate soup pot. Add the onions and cook until they are translucent. Cook until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in some steamed broccoli. Drop in the flour and cook for a few minutes, or until the flour has absorbed the oils and the flour aroma has faded.
- Pour in the stock and stir until all of the flour has dissolved and the broccoli is tender. Allow to cool before serving.
These Soup Recipes are Perfect for the Winter and Rainy Season!
Rawan Osama from Egypt on June 07, 2021:
It seems delicious!
Lovely Tolentino (author) from Philippines on June 07, 2021:
Thank you. I'm Glad it helps.
Thelma Alberts from Germany on June 07, 2021:
They are all delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipes.