It Rises like a Volcano while in the Oven
Start your Day with a Kid Friendly Breakfast
I stumbled upon this recipe about a year ago. It is so much fun to make. The ingredients are super simple and I bet you have them in your pantry right now. Your kids will sit in front of the oven in aww of how it bubbles and rises in the pan.
After your Volcano Pancake comes out of the oven, it does sink back down, much like a souffle. It tastes very similar to french toast. Drizzle a bit of syrup over the top your pancake will dissappear just as quickly as it sank, giggle.
This recipe can easily be halved and baked in an 8x8 inch square pan.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- powdered sugar for dusting
- your families favorite pancake topping, syrup or whatever
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put 9x13 inch pan in oven with butter so it will melt while the oven is warming up.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, flour and salt; stir until smooth. Take baking pan out of oven and gently move butter around to coat pan. Add batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.
mpurcell10 from Arkansas on January 08, 2010:
Looks great - Thanks for sharing.
Tammy Cornett from Ohio on September 05, 2009:
Hi again--Just had to let you know that I made this this morning, and it was a HIT!
Thanks again for sharing this recipe with us(and thanks from my hubby, Tom Cornett, too, lol) :)
Tom Cornett from Ohio on August 23, 2009:
TamCor can try it out on me! YUM! :) Thanks! :)
Tammy Cornett from Ohio on August 23, 2009:
I am definitely going to have to try this--it sounds really good!
Thanks for hubbing about it! :)
Nelle Hoxie on August 23, 2009:
Wow, this looks delicious! One more for the new recipe notebook.
Hmrjmr1 from Georgia, USA on August 23, 2009:
RedElf from Canada on July 20, 2009:
Nice - I will have to try this one. I just bet my young nephew would adore it. Thanks for the great recipe.