Uriel is a gourmet. He enjoys trying out new recipes and new cuisines. He loves African and Indian cuisine.
Pancakes are flat, thin, and round cakes that are made from a batter that contains eggs, milk, and butter and cooked on a hot surface such as a frying pan or griddle. Pancakes are usually fried with oil or butter.
They are loved by adults and children. They are easy to prepare and make a delicious breakfast meal or snack.
For the Pancake:
- 3 cups (433 g) wheat flour, refined, all purpose
- 3 tbps butter
- 2 (112 g) eggs, whole
- 2 1/3 cups (528 g) cow milk, fresh
- 1/8 cup (22 g) sugar, white
- 11/3 cups (303 g) water
- ¾ cup (160 g) cooking oil
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 tbps honey or syrup
- Sift the wheat flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. in a bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the milk then pour the butter and milk blend into the wheat flour.
- Add all the water.
- Mix the pancake batter using an egg whisk or wooden bowl.
- Mix thoroughly until it comes to a smooth consistency.
- Break eggs and add into the mixture in the bowl.
- Continue mixing until everything is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Place the frying pan on medium heat and let it heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into the frying pan.
- Pour just enough for it to mould into the shape of the pan.
- Let the batter set on one side and then turn over after 2 minutes.
- After you turn over, apply cooking oil onto the pancake and spread.
- Turnover and repeat the same procedure for the other side.
- Keep turning as required until it cooks on both sides (turns golden brown and is cooked well on the inside).
- Remove from the heat and place on paper towels on a plate.
- Repeat the process until all the batter is finished.
- Wash the strawberries and blueberries
- Slice the banana into thin round slices.
- Sprinkle the blueberries, strawberries on the pancakes and pour syrup or honey on top.
© 2022 Uriel Kushiel