|Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the gravy:
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
For the biscuits:
- 1 can vegan biscuits
- Melt butter in a large pan. Stir in flour until combined.
- Slowly add milk while continuously stirring. Mixture will become thick and slightly clumpy. Continue to slowly add milk while stirring, and the mixture will become smooth.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Heat until thickened.
- Prepare biscuits according to package and serve gravy over biscuits.
- If desired, cook a vegetarian or vegan sausage and add to the gravy before serving over biscuits
- I love this as is, but if desired, add 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage or ground thyme. Either choice will add depth to the flavor
© 2013 Audrey
Audrey (author) from Arizona on February 23, 2013:
I'm glad you like it, Ann. Thank you for stopping by and welcome aboard!
AnnMarshal from Salt Lake City, Utah on February 23, 2013:
I love it, very useful and healthy!