I would love to see you use this recipe and tell me what you did different with a picture! Let's share recipes! :D
What it is...
The original ‘ quiche Lorraine ’ was an open pie with a stuffing of egg and cream custard with smoked bacon. It was only latterly that rubbish was added to the quiche Lorraine. The nethermost crust was firstly made from chuck
dough, but that has long since evolved into a short- crust or air confection crust.
Quiche came popular in England eventually after the Second World War, and also in the U.S. during the 1950’s. Because of its primarily submissive constituents, it was considered a ever ‘ effete ’ dish, – “ real men don’t eat quiche. ” moment, one can find numerous kinds of quiche, from the original quiche Lorraine, to broccoli, mushrooms, ham and/ or seafood( primarily shellfish). Quiche can be served as an entrée, for lunch, breakfast or an evening snack.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) pack tofu, firm
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp yeast, nutritional
- 1/4 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp milk, soy
- 1/2 tsp salt, black
- 3 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust
- 1/2 cup cheese, vegan
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a large skillet, heat the oil on medium heat. Sauté the onions and the garlic until it is soft. Add in mushrooms and sauté for about 8 minutes or until they are soft.
- Using a food processor, add in the tofu, yeast, cornstarch, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, soy milk, black salt. Process until it is smooth.
- Pour the tofu mix into the skillet and stir in your spinach.
- Put the crust into the pie dish. Transfer the filling from the heat to the crust and smooth it out evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle on cheese, put back into the oven for 10 more minutes. It should be firm and gold on top.
- Allow it so cool for about 15 minutes before you serve.