I would love to see you use this recipe and tell me what you did different with a picture! Let's share recipes! :D
What it is....
This raita is a very delicious sauce that originated in Indian. It is plant based yogurt with fresh cucumber. It is refreshing and an amazing accompaniment for many different curries, which can be quite spicy.
- 1/4 medium cucumber, grated
- 1 cup unsweetened yogurt, non-dairy
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- pinch cayenne pepper
- TO TASTE salt
- Wrap up your cucumber in a paper towel or a cloth. Squeeze it to get rid of as much of the cucumber juice as possible.
- 2. In a medium sized bowl, mix the cucumber, yogurt, mint, cilantro, lime juice, garam masala, and cumin. Season it with the cayenne pepper and then salt it.
- Serve it immediately or you can put it in the fridge for up to two days. Make sure it is in an airtight, lidded container.