|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Seive all purpose flour and powdered sugar together.
- Beat eggs until it becomes soft and fluffy.
- Add flour and sugar mixture gradually to the beaten egg and mix using a spatula.
- Now add vanilla essence to the batter and mix well.
- Mix vinegar and baking soda, and add this to the cake batter (Adding vinegar and baking soda instead of baking powder makes the cake super soft and eliminates odour of egg).
- Pour this batter to a cake tin greased with butter.
- Bake at 180 degree centigrade for 30 minutes in preheated oven.
- Fluffy vanilla sponge cake is ready to serve!
Amy (author) on August 03, 2020:
Hi Marco Vidoni, I am glad you loved this recipe.
Marco Vidoni from Portland, Oregon on August 02, 2020:
I've never made a sponge cake. I'll need to try out this recipe.