|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 Kg Potatoes, boiled
- 5 Gms Mustard Seeds
- 12 No's Green Chillies, Chopped + Slit
- 10 No's Curry Leaves
- 150 Gms Gram Flour(Besan)
- 2 Gms Sodium Bicarbonate
- 2 Gms Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 12 No's Pao Bun
- 3 Sachets Amul Butter
- 50 Gms Ready Mint Chutney
- 50 Gms Garlic, Peeled
- 25 Gms White Sesame seeds
- 50 Gms Groundnuts
- 25 Gms Bedge Red chilli whole
- 10 Gms Red Chilli Powder
- 100 Ml Refined oil
- Wash potatoes almost 1 kg, boil it in the pressure cooker by adding sufficient amount of water, after 5 cooker whistles, your potatoes will be ready. Make it little cool then started peeling it and keep aside. On the other hand keep ready, mustard seeds,chopped chillies,whole curry leaf, chopped garlic & a pinch of asafoetida & turmeric powder.
- Now take a kadhai add oil for sautéing, make it hot and add mustard seeds, chopped chilli,chopped garlic, curry leaf,asafoetida, sauté it for a minute then add grated boiled potatoes and mix it nicely add salt as per the taste. Pour the ready mixture in the another bowl.
- Now, take the potato ready mixture and start making small balls(as shown in the image).keep aside. Make gram flour batter by adding a pinch of sodium bicarbonate(soda) and 1/2 tea spoon of turmeric powder, salt and as per the consistency add water, to make a thick batter and keep aside.
- Take 10 to 12 whole green chilies' slit it then fry in the oil and keep aside for further use,
- Now take chopped garlic,groundnuts,sesame seeds and bedge whole chili and sauté nicely in the oil till it become light golden colour,then it out and make it completely cold then grind dry in the blender, add little red chili powder to give it more spicy texture, keep this dry mix ready to use it on the grilled/toasted Pao buns.
- Now, take a frying pan or Kadhai add oil for frying, when the oil is really hot deep the potato mixture balls one by one in the gram flour batter then oil and fry till it reached the light golden color.
- Now, take the Pao bun slit it from the center and apply butter and grill on the tawa so that it gets nice color, repeat with all the remaining Pao buns. Apply little ready mint chutney on the Pao and the spicy garlic mix. powder then add ready vada & hot fried green chilly & cover it with Pao.
- Serve hot with more mint chutney or garlic mix. powder.
© 2021 Naveen Kumar Singh