Teresa is from the Southern state of Alabama. Raising a large family on a small budget, she's learned to cook delicious food efficiently.
Start with Clean Asparagus
If you don't want to ruin a romantic moment make sure to plan ahead. Select recipes that can be prepared slightly in advance and kept warm. Otherwise, running off to check the food will leave that special guest on their own.
- Make sure the house is clean.
- All calls are held except for emergencies
- Make sure all pets are taken care of before dinner.
- Set the table
- Have everything ready to serve
You don't want to have any distractions or interruptions. This is a special night for lovers.
Asparagus Aphrodisiac Appetizer
The old saying goes “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”--with these yummy appetizers, you may make it before the first course is served!!
Prepare this appetizer ahead of time and create a batch of elegant looking Asparagus Appetizers. These appetizers are a combination of ham, asparagus, and dinner roll dough.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 Tube crescent dinner rolls
- Dijon mustard
- 8 slices smoked ham
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 tablepoon parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Unroll the crescent dinner rolls dough on to a work surface; firmly press the perforations together to form a 12x14-inch rectangle. Spread the mustard on this; top evenly with the ham.
- Cut the dough crosswise into 16 strips. Wrap each strip, in a spiral fashion, around each of the asparagus spears; place it on a parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Bake 20 min. Or until asparagus is crisp-tender and dough is lightly browned. Sprinkle with cheese.
List of Appetizers for Your Valentine's Day Table
- Cheeseburger Lover Tater Tots
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Strawberries
Bacon Wrapped Apparagus
Romance Dinner Ideas
These are just a few suggestions of what to serve as the main course.
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Roasted Oysters with Pancetta and Bread crumbs
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Heart-Shaped Mini-Meatloaves
Romantic Dinner for Valentine's Day Essentials
Red or Pink balloons or red heart garlands that can be found at almost any party supply store will add to the romantic setting. Adding flowers should, also, be a priority.
Get creative by making your own bouquets using red, pink, and white flowers in decorative vases. Place these in the room that you'll spend the special evening in with your loved one.
Candlelight is a romantic way to set the atmosphere. Red cinnamon fragrance candles can be placed on the table, but don't stop there. Place the candles all around the dining room.
Once you have set the scene for the ambiance, setting the table is the top priority for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner.
Create a centerpiece using a decorative bowl filled with water. Place red and white rose petals floating on top. Look for Flower-shaped floating candles at your local stores as they are another romantic idea. Choose the smallest ones you can find and add two to your rose bowl.
Scatter rose petals on the table to add a nice touch, but you can also decorate your long-stemmed glasses with small satin or velvet ribbons to serve romantic red cocktails for Valentine's Day.
Decorating Ideas for Valentine's Day
Declutter your living room and bedroom. Remove any pictures that don't feature you and your loved one as a happy couple. You can also alter the lighting in any room by placing a thin red scarf on top of any lamp, just don't let it touch the light bulb directly for fear of starting a fire.
The room should feel warm and inviting when you stay in it for Valentine's Day.
Once you've set up the romantic dinner for Valentine's Day, just relax and enjoy the chocolate covered strawberries and other goodies you've lined up for your special date.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Teresa Fikes
Thelma Alberts from Germany and Philippines on January 16, 2021:
Yummy! I love those bacon wrapped asparagus. Thanks for sharing this recipe.