Matt has been baking for 15 years and cooks delicious dinners for his family of 5. Endless trial and error has resulted in fabulous recipes.
As every chocolate lover will tell you, you can never have enough. These are my personal favorite cookies to make. I find they come out nice and soft and so delicious. Give the recipe a try and I promise you will love them as much as I do!
I use a kitchen scale to measure out my ingredients to ensure that the finished product is the same every time. Oven temperatures and cooking time may vary. In my current oven these cookies are perfectly soft and moist after eight minutes. In my last oven it took 10 1/2 minutes. Adjust the cooking time to your preference but remember that cookies continue to cook once they are removed from the oven.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 hours 15 min
2 hours 24 min
3 1/2 dozen
- 225 grams unsalted butter
- 158 grams white sugar
- 158 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 320 grams flour
- 80 grams cocoa powder
- 50 grams instant vanilla pudding powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 304 grams chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set the oven rack to the middle position
- Blend butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs together until creamy. Add the baking soda and salt.
- Add and mix in the instant vanilla pudding powder. This step can be omitted but the pudding powder helps improve the softness and shelf life of your final cookies.
- Slowly measure out the flour into a separate bowl and gradually add it into the wet ingredients. Do not overmix the batter but ensure it is combined well.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand, making sure to incorporate them into the batter.
- Chill cookie dough for at least 2 hours. After the dough has cooled, make 30g balls of cookie dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently press cookies down into 1/2 inch sized disks.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-9 minutes. Cookies continue to bake after they are removed from the oven. Let rest on the baking pan for 2 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack.