Indian street food is as vast and diversified as its population. Different places have their own street food and their own story. Here is a small representation of Indian best street foods recipes which are my favourite and is worth trying.
Cook Time For Cheesy Masala Pav
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1) Cheesy Masala Pav
For making cheese pav:
- Processed cheese 1 cup(grated)
- Butter 1 cup
- Milk ½ cup
- Set water for boiling in a stockpot, place a bowl filled with cheese over it, make sure the water does not touch the bowl surface, add butter and milk in the bowl along with cheese.
- Mix well until the cheese and the butter melts and gets incorporated. Use blender later on so the cheese sauce is smooth inconsistency.
- You can also use the microwave to melt cheese and butter in 30 seconds interval.
For making masala pav:
- Pav 4-5 nos.
- Butter 1 tbsp.
- Jeera 1 tbsp
- Onion 2 medium size(chopped)
- Red chillies paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Capsicum 1 medium size(chopped)
- Tomato 3 medium size (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Pav bhaji masala
- Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1 tsp
- Cut the pav in 9 equal cubes.
- Set a pan on medium heat, add butter, jeera and sauté it for a minute.
- Add onions and cook until translucent, add red chilli paste and add garlic paste, mix and cook until the oil is released.
- Add capsicum, tomatoes, salt and pav bhaji masala, mix and cook well for 4-5 minutes until the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the pav bhaji cut into cubes, stir and mix light hands and coat the masala to the pav.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.
Your masala pav is ready to be served, pour the freshly made cheese sauce over it and enjoy your cheesy masala pav.
2) Masala Pav Recipe
- 6 Pavs (Indian bread buns)
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- 3 tbsp red chilli paste
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Cut the pav into small pieces.
- Set a pan on medium flame and add butter.
- Add cumin and let it sizzle for a minute.
- Now add chopped vegetables and sauté it for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add in the red chilli paste and garlic paste. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Now season with pav bhaji masala and salt. Now add the diced pavs.
- Mix gently on high flame. Add lemon juice and add some chopped coriander.
- Serve immediately with chopped onions and a lemon wedge.
3) Paneer Bhuna Masala Bhurji Recipe
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 35 mins
For making paneer:
- Milk 3 litres
- Vinegar/lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Water 1/4th cup
- Set a wok or a kadhai pan on medium-low heat, add the milk, bring it to a light boil while keeping stirring in intervals, in a separate small bowl mix water and vinegar together and add the mixture to the boiling milk. The milk will start to curdle and take it from the flame.
- Place a muslin cloth and a sieve, strain the whey or the water separated while curdling the milk. Tie the muslin cloth and try to squeeze the excess moisture, be careful as it is hot. Reserve the whey as it is rich in proteins and can be used in dough and gravies.
- To make paneer as a block you can just tie it and keep a heavy object over it so it takes a shape. In this recipe, you can use the paneer directly just by skipping the heavy object process.
For making bhuna masala:
- Ghee 2 tbsp + oil 1 tbsp
- Jeera (cumin seeds) 1 tsp
- Onion 5-6 medium size chopped
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Kashmiri red chilli pastes 3-4 nos.
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder 2 tbsp
- Tomato puree 3 medium size
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies 2-3 nos.
- Cashew nut paste 10 nos.
- Curd ½ cup
- Water 250 ml
- Freshly made paneer
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Set a wok on medium heat, add ghee and oil, add jeera and onion and cook the onion until golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, chilli paste and turmeric powder, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add red chilli powder and coriander powder and further cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, salt to taste, green chillies and cashew paste, mix well and further cook for 3-4 minutes and low down the flame.
- Keeping the flame low and add the curd and stir continuously, cook until ghee is released, add water mix well and bring to the boil.
- Add the crumbled paneer, mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes, add garam masala, Kasuri methi and fresh coriander, mix well and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Your paneer bhuna masala bhurji is ready to be served, serve it roti or naan of your choice.
© 2020 Emiszig