What is an air fryer and how is work?
One of the most impressive and useful inventions of this decade is without a doubt, the so-called air fryer. Basically, it is an electric appliance that cooks food with hot air imitating what an ordinary fryer would do. It was originally created by the Dutch company Philips but today we have different brands available in the market. Despite the fact that it has become quite popular, there are still many doubts about what this machine does or how truly healthy it can be since the name of air fryer has come to generate confusion in some people around the world.
You might think that air fryers are a simple appliance, however, when you go to buy an air fryer it is important to keep in mind some aspects, which differentiate one oil-free fryer from another so that it is easier for you to choose the fryer that best suits your needs.
The main basic operation for all of them is the same as leaving food as if you had fried it or as similar as possible. These fryers have an electric resistance that heats the air that circulates between the foods through fans so that the cooking is uniform.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Air Fryers
When I speak of air fryers, I can assure you that their performance is really good, especially that of the most modern models. It is necessary to mention that these fryers are very easy to handle, so if you have not had one of these before, you will learn to use them without problems and very easily.
Advantages of Air Fryers:
- Greater comfort when cooking as they have a timer.
- Decreases up to 85% of fat in food.
- It does not produce fumes or odors in the kitchen or on clothes.
- They literally don't need oil.
- They are cleaned more easily.
Disadvantages of oil-free fryers:
- Food needs more cooking time.
- The price of the oil-free deep fryer is higher.
- Food will taste different to you with an oil-free deep fryer.
Tips for Buying a Air Fryer
You know how uncomfortable it is to fry anything: if you spend a lot of oil, if you have to clean it later, if the smell of fried food that permeates the kitchen; Well, you can get that same dish with an air fryer avoiding all the greasy part in the kitchen and taking more care of your health.
No one can expect the end result to be perfect. Foods are quite similar to traditional fried foods, but they do not equal or exceed them. Even after a while, they become flabby and lose their crisp texture, as would normally be the case.
Here are the 4 points to keep in mind before purchasing an air fryer:
- Capacity: This basically depends on how much more or less we can prepare on each plate. In general, with a capacity from 800 grams you already have enough to fry potatoes for 4 people.
- Power: The higher the power, the shorter the cooking time; More power moves air faster and more efficiently, making food take less time to cook.
- Functions: With air fryers you can fry, cook, roast, toast and bake numerous dishes. Also take into account whether the air fryer has an auto-off, timer, adjustable temperature or anti-overheating system.
- Cleaning: Look at the material, which can be easily cleaned. I recommend that you buy a model whose internal containers can be put in the dishwasher since, even though they are air fryers, the food itself has its own fat.
I bring this video of the 10 best Air Fryers on Amazon with the ones your can make more than 200 meals. You can testing their prowess in making everything from fries to doughnuts. They also are easy to use and, more importantly, to clean.
Everything You Can Do With an Air Fryer
In addition to being able to make croquettes, fries and even meats, air fryers offer plenty of culinary possibilities; There are a multitude of recipes online for the air fryer, most of them are multifunction so you can cook all kinds of food: chicken, potatoes, meat, fish nuggets ...
If you thought that air fryers were a simple electronic kitchen appliance, you are very wrong or mistaken since you can make endless recipes that are delicious and healthy at the same time.
Here I leave a super easy and delicious recipes to test air fryers, I hope you like it and execute the recipe.
Super Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 2 tblsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
4 pork chops
- Pat dry pork chops with paper towels, then brush both sides with oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the Seasoning ingredients, stir to combine.
- Coat both sides of pork chops with the Parmesan mixture, pressing slightly for it to stick to the chops.
- Place pork chops in the basket of the air fryer and cook at 400° for 12 minutes, flip pork chops after 6 minutes.
- The pork chops should be golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees Fahrenheit.