Professional chef. Sharing recipes that simplify the cooking process and make it easier to create homemade dishes that comfort and nourish.
Because chocolate is always the answer
There's nothing quite as satisfying as the smell of rich chocolate wafting from the oven. Well, maybe when you sink your teeth into the warm, gooey deliciousness.
Brownies are the iconic comfort food. And this recipe will not disappoint.
It's time to ditch the box-mix and try this simple, easy, and indulgent brownie recipe that will change the way you look at dessert forever.
Before you start
You need a medium-size pot filled halfway with water. Bring this to a boil in order to melt your chocolate, this is called a bain-marie. A shortcut is to microwave your chocolate and butter mix until both are melted.
You will also need:
- a small mixing bowl
- a whisk
- a rubber spatula
- a small baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks or 1/2 cup butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a metal bowl and place over the top of the pot of boiling water. Do not stir. Once completely melted, use spatula to bring the mix together. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, crack eggs and whisk together with sugar.
- Slowly add a small amount of chocolate-butter mix into the eggs, this is called tempering. Fold together with a spatula. Continue in batches until all of the chocolate is combined.
- Add flour and salt and fold together until just combined, no clumps should remain but do not overmix.
- On a foil-lined baking sheet, pour the batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the batter is set, but still gooey on the inside.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for as long as you can resist the temptation. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
© 2021 Katie Brozen