Rate my Recipe
The Perfect Biscuit
It has taken me around nine years to perfect many of my recipes and the funny thing is all of my recipes that my family now consider "perfect" are so simple. I have made over the top to tasteless biscuits, I have made hard as rocks biscuits that could have chipped a tooth, to crumbly biscuits that could have caused someone to choke , and in the end, here is it the quick and easy, simply perfect fluffy biscuit recipe. Enjoy!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Makes around 8 biscuits.
- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar, Optional (but yummy)
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Milk, Very cold
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup butter or margarine, Very cold
Mixing the dough
Making the Perfect Fluffy Biscuit
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and mix thoroughly.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture. You can use a pastry tool, or 2 butter knives. Cut until the consistency is crumbly and the butter is in very small pieces.
- Add the cold milk and mix until barely combined, but completely combined (the key to fluffy biscuits is not overdoing it with the mixing and kneading).
- As soon as the dough is combined, place it on a floured cutting board or other hard surface to knead it. Gently knead the dough a few times and form it into a ball.
- Roll the dough out and lightly add flour as necessary so the dough will not be "sticky". Roll out until the dough is roughly 1/2" or so thick. Sometimes I roll it out a little thicker.
- Cut into circles with a biscuit cutter or a floured drinking glass and place on a dark cookie sheet or some similar pan smeared with a light coat of margarine.
- Rub each biscuit on the top with a light coat of margarine.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 9-12 minutes depending on how brown you want them. I turn the pan around 6 minutes in to evenly brown them, but that may just be my oven.
- When evenly browned, take them out of the oven and enjoy!
In the oven
The finished product
SUNSHYNE (author) from California, US on March 02, 2015:
Thanks everyone! :)
Angel Van Atta from Delhi, California on March 02, 2015:
I absolutely cannot wait to try this recipe!!! Thank you!!!
Elize Forgental on February 23, 2015:
Great with gravy!
Mary on February 23, 2015:
This Is the best recipe of biscuits I have ever tried