A substitute for that tropical vacation you're not on right now...
Bartending early mornings for the graveyard shift nurses, EMTS, techs, and other medical staff has been a privilege, if not a fun and enlightening experience. These people do some of the dirtiest, hardest work around. When they get off work at 8am, they like to unwind on their "Friday" at our place. We keep a decent cocktail menu rotation going, but one winter a weary RN said to me, "I need something different, but good. Make it taste like I'm on vacation, and make it strong."
My mind instantly landed on coconut rum and pineapple juice as cornerstone ingredients, but it needed to be more colorful, more tasty and interesting, and more fun than just those two things. I added some lead with 151 and some sweet with orange juice, peach schnapps, and blue curacao, and the Naughty Nurse was born!
- 1 oz Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1 oz Cruzan 151
- 1 oz Peach Schnapps
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 slice any tropical fruit
- Fill a 12 oz glass with cubed or crushed ice.
- Beginning with the rum, pour each ingredient into the glass and top off with the juices.
- Turn up or pour glass into cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Pour back into pint glass and serve immediately.
- Optional: Garnish with orange slice, pineapple, or any other tropical fruit you wish!
Frank Atanacio from Shelton on March 20, 2018:
the title had me thinking of something else.. but nevertheless Is a cocktail that will make the naughty in me nice... thanks for the share
Louise Powles from Norfolk, England on March 20, 2018:
This sounds like a lovely cocktail. One for me to try!