The best red velvet cake recipe you will ever make and you’ll ever want. This will surely be one of your favorites. Perfect for your cravings! It’s soft and tastier. A cake fit for any event. This recipe creates the best red velvet cake with buttery, vanilla, and cocoa flavors, as well as a delicious taste from the buttermilk.
But before we start, what does Red Velvet Cake taste like?
There are a few things that give red velvet cake its unique flavor. It has a slight taste of buttermilk and vinegar. Slightly chocolaty and it’s perfectly sweet.
The taste of cream cheese frosting just perfectly highlights it all. So now let's get started!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 6-8 people
HOW TO MAKE THE FROSTING
- 225g cream cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- For the frosting, you’ll be using a mixture of cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, simply beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth. Once the cream cheese is ready, put the butter and sugar. Beat them all together until frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- Cover it tightly and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour.
HOW TO MAKE THE RED VELVET CAKE
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Buttermilk Substitute: Mix ½ milk and ½ vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8-inch round pan with non-stick spray or butter and cut parchment rounds. Place the parchment rounds in the pan and coat again with non-stick spray and then set aside the pan.
- In a bowl, put some oil, eggs, buttermilk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix on medium speed. After, add the sugar and mix it again.
- Next add the cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix on medium speed.
- Add in the flour and red food coloring. Turn the mixer into low speed. Mix until smooth.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE CAKE
- Transfer the cake into a plate. Trim the top of the cake to create a flat bottom. Cut the cake into 2 to create two layers.
- Scoop some of the frostings, put it into the cake, and spread evenly over the top.
- Place the second cake layer on top and use the remaining frosting to cover the top and sides of the cake.
- Crumble trimmed pieces of cake to decorate.