I am a pastry chef. My passion is baking mouthwatering sweet treats and desserts.
The History of The Famous Tiramisu
Tiramisu is the most well-known dessert, it simply is the crème de la crème!
Tiramisu was invented by a confectioner called Roberto Linguanotto while he was working in his restaurant 'Le Beccherie' in Treviso, Italy. People say that tiramisu has aphrodisiac effects and therefore was served in brothels in Trevisto.
The name tiramisu comes from tireme su, which is dialect of Treviso for 'pick me up'. In Italian it's tiramisu.
Here you find the One & Only Tiramisu Recipe
One of the first things that I think of when I hear or read 'Italy' is Tiramisu. I just can't help it. Of course, Italy has much more to offer then just their delicious Tiramisu.
I love to make all kind of desserts, from a delicious Tiramisu until a mouthwatering Mississippi Cake.
Stay tuned if you want to try to make these masterpieces yourself, I will share recipes for all kind of amazing desserts.
Time to Prepare
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves up to 10 people
- 3 egg yolks
- 70g/ 2,4 ounces sugar
- 15g/ 0,52 ounces vanilla sugar
- 500g/ 17,63 ounces mascarpone
- 250g/ 8,81 ounces whipped cream
- 250g/ 8,81 ounces ladyfingers
- 200ml/ 7,03 oz espresso coffee
- +- 40g/ 1,41 ounces cacao powder, to sieve over the tiramisu
- Dip the ladyfingers in the espresso coffee and lay them on the bottom of your tiramisu shape. You can use any type of glass baking tin to make the Tiramisu in.
- Now we start to prepare the cream filling. First mix the egg yolks with the sugar & vanilla sugar. Once the mass has a light orange look you can add the mascarpone. After about 3-5 minutes mixing the mascarpone should be soft and the cream starts to look like one smooth mass. Lastly we add the whipped cream into the mascarpone and we mix with a spatula carefully the whipped cream into the mass.
- Now you can put the half of the total cream mass onto the ladyfinger bottom and spread it out evenly.
- Once you have done this you can add the 2nd layer of ladyfingers on top of the cream (dip them in the coffee first).
- We arrived at the last step: Add the rest of the cream mass onto the 2nd layer of ladyfingers and spread it out evenly.
- Leave the tiramisu in the fridge to rest for at least 8 hours (I personally like to let it rest more, so the tiramisu has the most flavor). Little Tip: Before you dig into it, Add cacao powder on top of your piece of tiramisu. It's better to just add the cacao powder on top of the piece(s) you eat at the moment instead of adding the cacao powder on all the tiramisu. Enjoy this delicious tiramisu!
Funny Unisex Shirts for Passionate Bakers & Cookers
Did you enjoy to make & especially to eat this tiramisu? I am curious about your opinion.
Are you as passionate about baking & cooking as me? Follow me to stay tuned because I will upload more recipes regularly!