The Thanksgiving Day celebrations are all about giving thanks and having a grand thanksgiving dinner together with your family and friends. There are lots of delicious dishes such as roasted turkeys, corn meals, and other trimmings, which are included in the Thanksgiving feast. Tasty and nutritious Thanksgiving dessert recipes is also one of such important items of the Thanksgiving feast. A dinner party cannot be a success without desserts on the dinner table. So why not make your thanksgiving celebrations even sweeter with the desserts. Here are some of the healthful dessert recipes, which will definitely make your Thanksgiving dinner special. Moreover these are easy to cook and very tasteful too.
- Spooky Halloween Recipes for Kids
- Thanksgiving left over recipes using left over turkey
Enjoy thanksgiving left over recipes including left over turkey sandwich, turkey vegetable soup with angel hair pasta and turkey macaroni casserole.
- Thanksgiving meal at Walt Disney World Florida
If you do chose to attend during Thanksgiving, you will be assured of having a good American Thanksgiving feast. You will also see plenty of christmas decorations during Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving Appetizer recipes
- Thanksgiving dinner recipes
1. Thanksgiving apple pie recipe
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
Cooking method for thanksgiving apple pie recipe:
1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work of crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
3. Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
4. Enjoy the thanksgiving apple pie dessert recipe and tell me your feedback.
2. Thanksgiving chocolate peanut butter pecan tart recipe
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 C. pecan pieces
- 1/2 C. peanut butter
- 1 graham cracker crumb pie shell (9-inch)
Cooking method for thanksgiving chocolate peanut butter pecan tart recipe:
1. Chop chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
2. In a large saucepan, bring cream and butter a boil. Pour boiling cream over chocolate and stir until smooth and all the chocolate is melted. Stir in the pecans and peanut butter.
3. Pour mixture into the pie shell, and refrigerate until set.
4. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
5. Enjoy the thanksgiving chocolate peanut butter pecan tart desssert recipe.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
3. Thanksgiving chocolate truffle loaf with raspberry sauce recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup Karo Light or Dark corn Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking method for thanksgiving chocolate truffle loaf with raspberry sauce:
1. Line an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Mix 1/2 cup of the cream with egg yolks.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan stir chocolate, corn syrup, and butter over medium heat until melted. Add egg mixture. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature.
3. Beat remaining cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate until no streaks remain. Pour into pan. Refrigerate overnight or chill in freezer 3 hours. Serve with sauce.
4. Enjoy the thanksgiving chocolate truffle loaf with raspberry sauce .
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed and strained
- 1/3 cup Karo Corn syrup
- In blender puree raspberries. Stir in corn syrup.
4. Thanksgiving pumpkin chiffon cake with nutmeg sauce
- 2-1/4 cups Sifted cake-and-pastry flour
- 1-1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Each salt and cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Each nutmeg and allspice
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 5 Egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp Grated orange rind
- 1/3 cup Orange juice
- 7 Egg whites
- 1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
Cooking method for thanksgiving pumpkin chiffon cake with nutmeg sauce recipe:
1. In bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; make well in center. Pour in oil, egg yolks, pumpkin, orange rind and juice; beat well. In separate bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form; gradually beat in remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour into ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
2. Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until top springs back when touched. Invert pan and let cake hang in pan until cool. Serve with Nutmeg Sauce.
3. Enjoy the thanksgiving pumpkin chiffon cake dessert recipe.
Makes 8 servings.
Spoon this sauce warm over Pumpkin Chiffon Cake, or chill and thin with a little more milk or cream.
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Rum (optional)
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
In saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; blend in flour and cook, stirring, until barely bubbly. Add sugar and nutmeg; gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until boiling and thickened. Remove from heat; stir in rum (if using). Let cool slightly. Whip cream; fold into sauce.
Makes about 2 cups.
5. Thanksgiving cranberry and orange tea cake with vanilla glaze recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons grated orange (1/2 med orange grated)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Cooking method for thanksgiving cranberry and orange tea cake with vanilla glaze recipe:
Blend together butter, sour cream, sugar, orange juice and orange until blended. Beat in flour, baking powder and baking soda until blended. Very lightly, stir in the cranberries. Spread batter into a greased 10" tube pan and press walnuts gently on top. Bake in a 325ºF oven for about 45 minutes, or until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean. When cool, drizzle Vanilla Glaze on top and let a little drip down the sides. Serves 12.
Vanilla Glaze: stir together 1 tbl. cream with 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp. vanilla until blended.
Eileen Goodall from Buckinghamshire, England on April 05, 2012:
These look absolutely scrumptious, thanks for sharing.
Putz Ballard on November 19, 2009:
Wonderful hub, makes me hungry just thinking about these great desserts.
brad4l from USA on November 17, 2008:
My favorite Thanksgiving desert has always been the traditional Apple Pie, but I am a fan of the pumpkin too.