1. i can sweet potatoes
2. 2 cans of canned peaches
3. 1/2 cup of margarine
4. 1/2 cup of brown sugar
5. 4 large strawberries
6.1 large banana
1. Drain sweet potatoes
2. In a small bowl mash sweet potatoes
3. Add margarine and blend until creamy
4. Add brown sugar and mix thoroughly
5. Take peaches and mash into small pieces
6 Add to sweet potato mixture
7. Add peach juice until casserole is the consistency you desire
8. Put all ingredients in a medium sized casserole dish.
9.Cook in pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let cool.
11. Slice the banana and slice into small slices
12. When cool take four fresh strawberries. Cut the tops off, then place them as evenly spaced as possible in each four corners of the casserole dish.
13. Circle the strawberries, with the bananas, as shown in the picture.
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on November 24, 2020:
I have never had a recipe quite like this and it looks delicious. We love sweet potatoes and I appreciate this recipe, Susan.
Susan (author) from Dover Delaware on November 24, 2020:
I have fun experimenting with different fruits that compliment sweet potatoes. I have a collection of them, and will be submitting a couple others for around the holidays. Thanks for the comment.
Edwin Alcantara from California on November 24, 2020:
I love peaches and sweet potatoes. What a great combination!
Liz Westwood from UK on November 24, 2020:
In the UK sweet potato tends to feature in savoury dishes. This sounds like an interesting recipe and introduces a whole new dessert dimension for sweet potatoes.