In my blogs you will find melange of dishes discovered of my own and some (foods and flavors) are influenced of our ancestors.
Its very simple and quick prawn dish, made out of lots of garlic, chilies. Sweet corn makes the dish slight sweet and on other side lots of chili makes it hot and spicy. All-around a fusion of sweet n savory snack for any time food..
- Clean and devein prawns. You can either peel the shells from the prawns. But attached shell of the prawn makes the dish more delicious.
- Marinate with little salt and lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- In a large pan/wok heat oil and smoked. Add the prawns and stir-fry until the prawns are pink and cooked through (about 4–5 minutes)..
- In the same pan heat 3 tsp of mustard oil. Wait for until oil smoking, this will allow to reduce the bitterness of mustard oil. If you would like to use, other cooking then you can use .
- Now add chopped garlic, onion, 2 green chilies and saute it. Add sweet corns and stir it.
- Mean while blend green chilies, corn-flour, soy sauce and 2 teaspoon of water to make fine smooth paste.
- Add 1 tsp ketch up, prepared sauce into the pan and saute it.
- Now add fried prawns into it. Add 1/2 cup of water and salt. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- You can serve it dry or with some gravy also, sprinkle some chopped parsley and serve hot.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 - 3
- 3 - 4 giant prawns
- 3 teaspoons garlic pods, chopped
- 1 onion, ( dice cubes )
- 1 sweet corns, handful
- 6 - 7 green / red chillies
- 2 teaspoons soy souce
- 1 teaspoon cornflower
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- parsley, finely chopped
- mustard oil
- Clean and devein prawns, you can either peel the shells from the prawns, but attached shell of the prawn makes the dish more delicious.
- Marinate prawns with little salt and lemon juice for 15 minutes.
- In a large pawn / wok heat mustard oil and smoked, add the prawns, stir - fry until the prawns are pink and cooked through ( about 4 - 5 minutes ), take them out in a plate.
- In a same pan heat 3 teaspoon oil and smoked, now add chopped garlic, onions, 2 green chilies and saute it; add sweet corn and stir it.
- Meanwhile blend green chilies, corn flour, soy sauce and 2 teaspoon of water in a blender.
- Add 1 teaspoon ketchup, prepare chili sauce to the pan and saute it; now add fried prawns into it. Add 1/2 cup of water and salt, cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley and serve hot.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Susmita Tripathy