In my blogs you will find melange of dishes discovered of my own and some (foods and flavors) are influenced of our ancestors.
Mawa/ khoya is solid form of milk. Traditionally Khoya is made by simmering full-fat milk in a large, shallow iron pan for several hours over a medium fire. But I have prepared instant khoya using full fat milk powder to skimmed milk and heating until it becomes thick. Although no one can beat the traditional way taste of khoya, if we compare to instant khoya.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1.5 cups white milk powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon sugar powder, as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- In a bowl mix both milk and milk powder. Whisk to form a thick paste. Now add half cup of water, to form a slight thin consistency. Use a heavy bottomed pan, pour the milk powder mixture and stir on lower medium flame, around 5 minutes.
- Scrap the sides and stir continuously to prevent sticking to the pan. The milk become thick like curd now, add sugar, cardamom powder and stir continuously. The milk mixture tuned into a solid soft dough consistency, off the gas and allow it to cool or can be refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Take them out from refrigerator, add ghee and knead it to form a soft dough. Make medium sized balls and keep it a side. Meanwhile, mix boondi, some crushed dried fruits together and keep it aside. Take one ball and stuff few prepared stuffing inside, seal it using your hand.
- Grease the modak mould using some ghee. Place the ball in the mould and press it to form a modak. Do the same for rest of the Mawa dough, you can increase the size of the ball for better shape of the modak.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Susmita Tripathy
Susmita Tripathy (author) on August 22, 2020:
Mouth watering recipe..........you may try it at your home in this pandemic period.....stay home safe safe........
Thank you for visiting my site.........