Uriel is a gourmet. He enjoys trying out new recipes and new cuisines. He loves African and Indian cuisine.
Steamed rice is a favourite dish for many people in the world. Steamed rice is fluffy and delicious. It can be accompanied by meat, vegetables, legumes or soup.
Meat balls are usually made from minced meat and assorted fresh spices. Meatballs are usually accompanied by chapati, mashed potatoes, rice or spaghetti.
For the rice:
- 1 cup (193 g) white rice, raw
- 4 2/3 cups (1020 g) water
- 2 teaspoons (9 g) salt, iodized
For the meat balls:
- 1 kilogram beef, minced raw , medium fat
- 5 ½ cups (1205 g) water
- 4 (376 g) onions, red skinned, raw, unpeeled
- 5 (439 g) tomatoes, red, ripe
- 1 bunch (51 g) coriander, leaves
- ½ cup (102 g) cooking oil
- 2 ½ tsp. (12 g) salt, iodized
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) cumin, seeds
- 1 ½ tsp. (3 g) curry powder
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 5 min
1 hour 45 min
2 hours 50 min
Serves 4 people
Instructions for the Steamed rice
- Sort the rice and soak it in 2 cups of water for around 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and discard it
- Place the soaked rice into a cooking pot, add the rest of the water (2 2/3 cups) and salt.
- Let it to a boil and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Drain the water after the rice is half-cooked.
- Steam for around 10 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the cooking pot from the heat and set it aside.
Nutrition information for the Steamed rice
Nutrition data per 100g of recipe:
- Energy 513 kJ/ 121 kcal
- Fat 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates 26.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Vitamin A 0 mcg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Zinc 0.45 mg
Instructions for the Minced meat
- Mash the minced meat in a mortar using a pestle.
- Peel, wash, and then chop the onions.
- Wash the tomatoes and chop them.
- Place the tomatoes and the onions into separate bowls.
- Divide the onion, garlic, cumin seed, and coriander into two equal portions.
- Mix thoroughly and mash one-half of each divided ingredient and add to the mashed meat.
- Add rice to the mashed mixture and crush the rice.
- Fry the other portion of onions in ½ cup of cooking oil until they become golden brown. Add salt and then stir well.
- Add tomatoes and all the water, and then simmer until the tomatoes are tender.
- Pound the rest of the garlic, cumin seeds, and coriander into the mashed meat.
- Roll the meat with palms to create balls using ¼ cup of cooking oil to.
- Add the meatballs to the simmering tomato soup.
- Add curry powder, garlic, and Royco® cubes.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until the meatballs are ready.
Nutritional information for the meatballs
Nutrition data per 100g of recipe(meatballs):
- Energy 659 kJ/ 157 kcal
- Fat 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates 18.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g
- Fiber 0.8 g
- Vitamin A 9 mcg
- Iron 4.4 mg
- Zinc 1.55 mg
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Uriel Kushiel