My name is Lakshmi, and I am a homemaker. I love cooking and experimenting with different recipes, especially those from my native India.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 people
Here, I am going to share one of the delicious seafood recipes in south Indian style that you can make it for your weekend lunch. It has fewer thorns and delicate flesh, and it creates an outstanding taste when you have it with sambar or rasam rice. My husband and son are fond of fish fry. Particularly, these pomfret fishes have less fishy flavor and unique Oceanic aroma, that is why most people prefer to eat this fish.
- 3 Medium sized pomfret fishes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chilly powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- Juice of half lemon
- salt, to taste
- cooking oil, to fry
- Handful of curry leaves
- Make a masala paste by mixing chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric, salt, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice together in a plate.
- Now Marinate the fish pieces with the above masala paste for 20 minutes.
- Heat Tawa in a medium flame and fry the fish pieces on both the side in a Tawa till it becomes crispy.
- Finally, add some curry leaves over the fish pieces and let it fry along with the fishes and take it off from the Tawa. Curry leaves add extra flavor to the fish.
- Now enjoy the delicious fish fry with your meal.
Lakshmi (author) from Chennai on October 21, 2020:
Thank you for your comment Sp Greaney,yes it is very easy to make.
Sp Greaney from Ireland on October 21, 2020:
This marinade is so easy to make. The dish turned out great.
Lakshmi (author) from Chennai on August 12, 2020:
Hi Audrey Hunt, Its a type of butterfish, but you can make this recipe with some other fishes, and it will taste good. Thanks for your comment.
Audrey Hunt from Idyllwild Ca. on August 11, 2020:
I've never heard of pomfret fish and I'll keep looking for it. Thanks for your delicious recipe.
Lakshmi (author) from Chennai on August 10, 2020:
Hi danny,you are welcome.Thanks for your comment.I hope ,you will like this recipe too.
Danny from India on August 10, 2020:
Lakshmi nice recipe, thanks for sharing. Pomfret is one of my favourite fish.