|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
7 hours 20 min
8 single servings
Another Great Idea For Turkey Chops
When looking for something that is not sweet, but still has the savory, homestyle feel, then look no further than these savory beauties. They have an amazing flavor and are truly the idea of a comfort food. The "sauce" or "gravy" can be placed on top, or you can do a light butter herb glaze to pour over top and remove the sauce that it cooked it.
These beautiful chops can even make a great substitute when one wants to prepare a Thanksgiving meal without having to fix an entire turkey! It is one of the many reasons this one has been given the place of continued use within our home as I can make a day feel special with the wonderul flavor that we have found in these very chops.
The key as always is to get the turkey chops/breasts from your local grocer or even consider getting a non-seasoned tenderloin and slice it into eight delectible pieces. Any of these cuts work wonders for making sure that your meal is definitely one to remember. It has the aromas, the taste and the ease of the perfect meal in the making!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and in wedges
- 18 small new potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- Dash salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. fresh rubbed sage
- 3 tbsp. fresh, minced rosemary
- 3 tsp. thyme
- 8 turkey chops/breasts/tenderloin slices
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 c. white wine, (Can use Chicken Broth)
- 2 c. mushrooms, sliced
- In a resealable bag, place the olive oil.
- Then add onion, pototatoes, mushrooms, and spices/seasonings to the bag and close.
- Toss the veggies, oil and seasonings until coated.
- Pour the veggie mixture into the bottom of slow cooker and top with turkey chops.
- In small bowl, stir together the mushroom soul and wine (or broth) until well mixed.
- Pour soup mixture over the chops.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or until meat is cooked through and tender.
Side Dish Choices
When youcomplete this meal, already have potatoes (unless you are like me and sometimes decide not to put them in), so you really only need something like corn, buttered asparagus, or steamed broccoli. Other great options are baked beans, sauteed carrots or steamed broccoli.
If you elected to leave the potatoes out of the mix, then make some mashed potatoes and use the gravy to spread over the potatoes. This is an excellent edition, and then toss in some green beans and the mealis ready to goh.
This meal is truly a down-home, southern cooked meal that is sure to be a favorite within your family!
Please Let Me And Others Know What You Think! Or If You Have Altered and Discovered Something Better!
Cathy on March 28, 2018:
Will I need to brown my turkey chops at all before placing them in the slow cooker?
Christine on January 16, 2018:
How long do you cook for if you’re cutting the recipe in half? Or does the cook time remain the same?
Janis Leslie Evans from Washington, DC on November 18, 2013:
This looks so yummy! The pic made me click. :-) I had to read it twice because I couldn't find how or where to slow cook for seven hours. I'm so used to ovens or stove tops my eyes totally breezed over "slow cooker." What makes it worse is that I don't own one! Well, I'll have to get one now. Great hub, great recipe. The ingredients are a good combination for savory taste. I love the pics, too. Voted up and awesome.