I am a social introvert who enjoys exploring my interest. I consider myself a life long learner
I was not that much creative in preparing meals for myself and my siblings back then when I was a teenage. I was familiar with whatever recipe I learned through observation from my grandmother. Whatever little ideas I took out from a book or my friends, it was all experimented afterwards.
This vegetable toast is one of my favourite lunch recipes as it is so simple to prepare and takes less time. My kids love it and I recommend this for a quick lunch.
Awesome Vegetable Toast
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 2 people
- pastry wheel cutter
- non- stick pan
- chopping board
- small kitchen knife
- 3 pieces bread, varies with other ingredients
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 carrot, grated/thinly sliced
- 3 spring onion leaves, finely chopped
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Prepare bread as shown in the picture and do keep the cut-out piece. I suggest you use the pastry wheel cutter to cut the bread for a clean edge or improvise as long as you come up with the required bread shape) Remember to keep the piece of cut out bread.
- Heat up oil in a non-stick pan.
- Place bread in the pan and fill with ingredients, add cheese and cover with the piece of cut out bread.
- Cook both sides of bread.
- Slice bread into halves and serve.
Step by Step visual guides
- For health or weight loss measure, do refrigerate your bread if it is white bread apart from any keto recommended bread.
- Bread does have one health benefit when you refrigerate then later toast it. It lowers the glycemic index, so it is less likely than regular bread to spike blood sugar
- You can add on or drop whatever ingredients you see not suitable for your health.
What do you think about this recipe?
© 2020 Julia Lessie