I love to cook, try new recipes, and share them! When healthy ingredients meet complementary spices, magic happens in the kitchen.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
6 servings of 2 egg halves each
Deviled Eggs Ready to Eat!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled & peeled
- 1/2 cup vegenaise or mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, (can sub white vinegar)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt & pepper, to taste
- Begin by boiling a pot of water and 6 eggs for at least 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes I like to turn the heat off and leave the pot covered until it cools a little but you can cook your eggs how ever you prefer to hard boil them.
- When the eggs have cooled some, place them in a bowl of ice water to cool them and make it easier to remove the shells. Peel the eggs and slice them each in half lengthwise.
- Place egg yolks in a bowl and lay egg halves on a plate or deviled egg plate if you have one.
- Mash egg yolks with a fork and then add vegenaise or mayo. Mix to combine and add salt & pepper.
- Add relish, mustard and apple cider vinegar and stir to combine.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Using a small spoon, place the egg mixture into each egg half.
- Top with chives, fresh green onions, paprika or any other seasoning of your choice!
What do you think?
© 2020 Lisa Bean
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on November 28, 2020:
This sounds delicious and interesting recipe. Would love to try this.
Thank you for sharing the details.
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on November 28, 2020:
I really live deviled eggs and your recipe is a bit different from mine. I want to try yours out as it looks good.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on November 27, 2020:
I have been making and trying different recipes for deviled eggs. Yours is a classic.