Kebabs have been favorite dish of Muslim Indian Royalty since long. They used to employ special cooks to make kebabs. It was said that if a cook is not Kebabs then he doesn’t know cooking at all. Kebabs are usually made from mutton ( lamb or goat meat), but since red meat is not considered healthy these days so chicken variety now is getting popular all over India. Kebabs are very good to eat and if cooked properly they melt in mouth leaving a rich taste. Kebabs use oil so they are not a very healthy food but I am sure all of you agree that sometimes taste has to take preference over the health.
1. Chicken breasts: 450 grams / 1 pound. Skinless and boneless roughly chopped.
2. Cashew Nuts: 60 grams / 2 Oz.
3. Cream: 2 Tbsp.
4. Egg: 1
5. Cilantro / Coriander: 15 grams / ½ oz fresh with stems. Chopped.
6. Butter: 30 grams / 1 Oz melted
7. Garlic puree: 2 Tsp.
8. Ginger Puree: 2 Tsp.
9. Green chilies: 2 roughly chopped deseeded.
10. Garam Masala: 1 Tsp
11. Vegetable oil : For brushing
12. Salt: ½ Tsp or according to taste.
13. Chutney to serve.
1. Take a heat proof bowl.
2. Put cashew nuts in the bowl.
3. Add boiling water to the bowl.
4. Cover it with a plate and leave for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Drain and put them in a food processor.
6. Add 1 egg and 2 Tbsp of cream.
7. Now on the processor to make a course paste.
8. Now to this paste in food processor add all ingredients except for oil and butter.
9. Now process this in to a smooth mixture.
10. Transfer this mixture in a bowl, cover and put it in a refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes.
11. Now pre heat the grill to high.
12. Now take 8 metal skews and lightly coat them with oil.
13. Brush oil on the rack too.
14. Keep a bowl of cold water ready.
15. Dip hand in cold water.
16. Take out the chilled mixture and divide it in to 8 portions.
17. Now carefully mould each portion of mixture on the metal skew, making it a sausage shape 6 inch / 15 cm long.
18. Now kebabs are ready to be cooked.
19. Now arrange all 8 skews on a preheated rack in the grill.
20. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
21. Now brush with half the butter and cook for another minute or so.
22. Now turn them over and cook for another 3 minutes.
23. Now put the remaining butter on these kebabs and cook for another couple of minutes.
24. Remove from heat.
25. Let kebabs rest for 5 minutes or so.
26. Now slide them off skews with a sharp knife.
27. Serve with cilantro chutney.
1. If you dip the hand in cold water before putting mixture on the Skews then the mixture won’t stick to your hands.
2. Don’t use hands to slide off kebabs off skews as they might be very hot and burn your hand.
3. If you don’t have cilantro chutney then you can use ketchup too.
More Hubs from me
- Chicken and tarragon soup
Another very healthy and tasty soup recipe. Children love this soup. Last time we had one of my nephew loved it and he is only 6.
- Chicken And Orange Salad
This is also known as Roast Chicken Salad with Orange Dressing. It is very easy to make. Takes only a few minutes to make and is very healthy. It has got right combination of meat, vegetables and fruits. It is very tasty and children would love to ea
- Shredded Chicken With Mushroom
This one is one of my favourite lunch and dinner dish. Chicken and mushrooms make my meal enjoyable as much as it can be. Adding mushroom to any dish not only make the bulk but also make it very tasty, healthy and pleasing to the eyes. I love it when
- Pan Fried Chicken with Cilantro
Easy to make chicken dish. Loved by children and adults alike. Can be used as snack or main dish. Not only it is very tasty but also very healthy with very less oil used.
- Chicken Wrap
This can be used as a snack or as a lunch. Children like it very much and its ingredients are very easily available and it is very easy to make. It is light on stomach, less on calories and high on taste and health. A must for any woman with young ch
- Balti Chicken
Balti chicken is one of the main dish from Indian cusine. It gets its name balti chicken because it is served in a Balti ( small bucket). It is not only very tasty dish but it is easy to prepare and don’t take hours or extra ordinary skills to make.
- Chicken vegetable and ginger salad
This recipe can be used as an appetizer or as a snack. Since this dish has vegetables and white meat so this is as healthy as it can get. This is one dish which comes as a blessing for those mothers who always complain that their children eat nothing
- Tuscan Chicken
Tuscan chicken is a popular chicken dish in the Korean region. It is dry so no gravy in this chicken. It is usually eaten in dinner. This recipe of chicken has lots of tomatoes and mushrooms in it along with some other vegetables so it is healthy foo
- Vegetable Curry With Tofu
Tofu is a kind of cheese made from Soybean. Since soybean is the richest source of proteins so it is very healthy. This dish has lots of vegetables and tofu so it is definitely very healthy as it is rich in proteins but very low on fats and literally
Indian Chef (author) from New Delhi India on January 27, 2012:
Thanks Jenubouka once again for the comment and we do put some veggies on skew in between meat or main dish like paneer. Usually it is onions, tomatoes and capsicum.
jenubouka on January 26, 2012:
In the States we skewer some meat with sometimes veggies, throw it on the grill and call it good. Although this recipe truly defines the importance of preparation of this ethnic dish. The cashew part is what blew me away, I can see how this adds another level of flavor and texture. Definitely on my list, as all the other recipes you grace us with.
Indian Chef (author) from New Delhi India on January 25, 2012:
Thanks wondering wolley
wonderingwoolley from Madison, WI on January 24, 2012:
MMM, this sounds delicious! I love making Mediterranean and Indian food and these recipes seem easy and delicious to make. Thank you for sharing!