Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
Recipe for How to Make the Best Shrimp Fettuccine with Garlic Butter Sauce
How to Make the Best Shrimp Fettuccine with Garlic Butter Sauce : Preparing shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce is good home cooking
SHRIMP FETTUCCINE WITH GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
- Meals that are truly delicious are a must-have! Really essential, don't you think so? Do you have a favorite food? Shrimp fettucine with garlic butter sauce can be a favorite food, for sure!
- Are you looking for a mouthwatering seafood pasta recipe? Shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce is one of my favorite meals to have. It's just the best!
- Would you like to learn how to make the best shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce? The recipe discussed in this article will show you how!
- Cooking food is enjoyable when you are cooking food like this! Cooking might readily become your passion as you anticipate savoring the tasty meals that you'll prepare and share with family.
- Cooking this SHRIMP FETTUCINE WITH GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE is not too work intensive and honestly, I feel motivated to cook this meal because I can't wait to eat this meal! This is absolutely delicious food.
- While shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce is great food for special occasions, surely, you can eat some delicious shrimp fettuccine pasta with garlic butter sauce on any ordinary day, for any occasion at all!
Nevertheless, I find shrimp fettuccine pasta with garlic butter sauce to be so very delicious that it feels like I am enjoying a celebratory special occasion meal when I am having shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce.
- Would you like to know how to make shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce with a fairly easy shrimp fettuccine recipe?
- Shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce is a delicious dish that I really enjoy preparing AND eating!
- I like to make this shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce for family and friends.
- If you are having visitors and want to serve a nice home cooked meal, shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce is the dish for you.
- For this shrimp and pasta recipe, a top tip for making the shrimp fettuccine in the best way is to freshly prepare raw shrimp rather than using fully cooked shrimp from the supermarket.
- This is truly key for the best shrimp dish with the ultimate quality taste.
If you are not a meat eater or are trying to cut down on meat with some meatless days, this shrimp with fettuccine will do the trick as well.
- I'm a meat eater but on the days that I eat this shrimp dish, I don't miss having meat at all!
- I definitely find the seafood to be a sufficient substitute for meat.
The shrimp is a lowfat food but does contain cholesterol. This shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce recipe also calls for the addition of butter so you might want to eat it only occasionally.
- This shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce recipe is a most delicious way to prepare dinner for four for under $11!
- The shrimp fettuccine recipe can also be prepared for one to three individuals or more than the four.
- Just watch portion sizes of the shrimp fettuccine and plan accordingly.
- The pictures below are from when this shrimp fettuccine dish was prepared for two people- a large, hearty shrimp fettuccine dinner eaten at 6 in the evening with plenty of time to exercise it off (or sit and relax in front of the television, whatever you fancy). The point is that it's best to not go straight to bed with this big shrimp fettucine meal on your stomach.
When I get tempted to go to an expensive seafood restaurant, I often just make this shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce dish instead. Now here's the shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce recipe. Enjoy:
Ingredients for making shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce
1. 1/2-1lb of thawed or fresh raw peel on shrimp
(I buy the Harris Teeter brand H.T. Traders EZ Peel Raw Shrimp. It is a product of Thailand and offer 31-40 count per pound. I typically buy a 2lb bag and use less than half a bag at a time when cooking for two. The cost can range from 7.99-9.99.)
3oz of meat or seafood is a typical serving but this recipe is much more generous portion.
A 3oz portion of the shrimp would be 80calories, 1g fat, 18g protein, 165mg cholesterol. We've got to love it for all that protein but want to watch the cholesterol.
Now, I know that I'm contradicting myself with the next ingredient for the shrimp fettuccine, butter!
2. 1/4 stick of unsalted butter
4. parsley, basil and/or oregano
5. Old Bay seafood seasoning
6. extra virgin olive oil
7. fettuccine made from semolina (I also use Harris Teeter H.T. Traders brand, imported from Italy, here.)
To keep costs of ingredients for the shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce low, you might want to use all of your own local supermarket brands.
Approximately 7oz. of pasta was used in this shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce recipe. Again, be vigilant if watching portion control. A proper serving the pasta for one person is only 2oz, with 210cal, 1g fat, 44g carb, 2g dietary fiber, 2g sugar, 7g protein.
For this shrimp fettuccine recipe, each individual person is served 3.5oz pasta, not 2oz. Reduce food portions as you desire.
Note that the butter and olive oil will add fat to the pasta dish.
Raw shrimp for cooking shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce
- For this shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce recipe, steep frozen shrimp in a bowl of water to thaw for at least 15 minutes and then proceed with peeling or peel fresh shrimp immediately.
- After you've peeled the shrimp, rinse it several more times with water, drain and place the shrimp in a skillet or frying pan that has been coated with olive oil and is beginning to pre-heat.
Rinse the raw shrimp well
Preparing the pasta for the shrimp fettucine with garlic butter sauce
Instructions for making shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce
- Preparing the fettuccine for the shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce dish:
- On another burner of your stove, you can simultaneously begin preparing the fettuccine pasta.
- Put 4 quarts of salted water to a rapid boil in a fairly deep pot and then add the fettuccine.
- It will stick out of the top of the pot at first, but as it softens it will all be submerged in the water.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Allow the fettuccine pasta to cook for at least 8-10 minutes to proper soft consistency.
- Next, drain the pasta in a colander, before serving onto plates.
- You will place the pasta in the plates first, before adding the shrimp on top.
- While the fettucine pasta is being given its time to cook, we can turn our attention back to the shrimp. The shrimp should have turned from silver / gray to pink by now, evidence that it is cooked.
- High heat should be reduced to low-medium at this time, an we can add generous dashes of all the spices listed above.
- Be especially generous with the garlic, amounting to approx. 11/2 tablespoons.
Photos of Shrimp being prepared for the shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce
Gotta love butter
That buttery flavor is awesome!
The Final Steps for preparing the shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce
- The final steps for preparing this shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce would include adding pats of butter into the pan and removing the pan from the heat as soon as the butter is fully melted.
- Use a ladle to spoon some of the shrimp with sauce onto the pasta.
- Optionally, sprinkle a bit of Parmesan cheese on top of plate of shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce.
This is a great way to prepare shrimp that you will enjoy.
Bon Appetit / Buon Appetito
I love seafood, especially lobster, shrimp and calamari.
Please rate this shrimp with pasta recipe
1. Fettuccine with shrimp in a garlic-lemon sauce recipe
2. Crispy Cajun shrimp fettuccine
© 2009 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on April 09, 2020:
Thanks for taking the time to post your nice comment about this shrimp fettuccine recipe. I appreciate your kind words & I am so glad that you like the recipe. Take care!
Mitara N from South Africa on April 07, 2020:
Mouth watering combination, you make a lovely spread of recipe's. Will be visiting often.
Thanks for sharing
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on February 27, 2020:
Thanks a lot for posting a comment! If you've gotten a chance to try this shrimp fettuccine with garlic butter sauce recipe yet, I hope that you enjoyed the food!
Maurice Glaude from Mobile, AL on June 28, 2019:
It looks so simple. Going to give this one a try.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on December 22, 2014:
Hi ChitrangadaSharan, Thank you!
Chitrangada Sharan from New Delhi, India on August 29, 2014:
This sounds delicious indeed!
My family loves Shrimps and the combination of ingredients here looks interesting. I will make this with your instructions for sure.
Thanks for sharing the details! Voted up and pinned!
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on August 01, 2014:
Hi greatstuff, thanks so much for your nice comment! Enjoy trying this dish.:)
Mazlan from Malaysia on July 19, 2014:
This looks simple and tasty. Must definitely give this a try. I am now retired, but my wife still works so guess who have to cook now!
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on September 11, 2013:
Thanks for your nice comment Vacation Trip!
Susan from India on March 31, 2013:
This is simply mouth watering. Can`t wait to taste them, will surely try this out. Thanks for sharing.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on March 10, 2012:
Hi Sharon, thanks so much. I'm glad you liked it.
Sharon on March 09, 2012:
Tried this recipe and was great will be making again for sure.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on August 25, 2010:
Japemwellows from 5ifth Dimensi0n on August 21, 2010:
wow this looks awesome, bookmarking this for future reference =)
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on December 12, 2009:
The Rope, thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate it!
The Rope from SE US on December 12, 2009:
YUM! I can't wait to try this. Thanks for a terrfic recipe with great directions.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on December 11, 2009:
Hi awsydney, thanks for your nice comment. I'm so glad you like the recipe. Enjoy!
awsydney from Sydney, Australia on December 11, 2009:
This recipe is making me hungry. We get great fresh seafood here in Sydney. Definitely on my agenda for next party. Thanks for sharing.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on June 21, 2009:
Hi Eaglekiwi, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm glad this recipe sounds good to you. :-)
Eaglekiwi from -Oceania on June 20, 2009:
This sounds delcious and I really like the way you give helpful instructions too! like preparing the shrimp
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on May 04, 2009:
hi mecandylove, JPSO0138, marisuewrites. Thanks for posting comments guys and I'm glad you think you'll enjoy this recipe. Hope you give it a try soon. -Journey*
marisuewrites from USA on April 17, 2009:
sounds really good, thanks!!
JPSO138 from Cebu, Philippines, International on April 10, 2009:
I will surely try this out. Thanks for sharing. I love shrimps!
mecandylove on April 10, 2009:
Yummy! I will surely make one for myself. thanks for sharing
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on March 31, 2009:
Thanks a lot for commenting Frieda. I cook lots of different types of foods and this is definitely one of my favorite dishes. I hope you enjoy it when you give it a try. -Journey*
Frieda Babbley from Saint Louis, MO on March 30, 2009:
OMG! I can totally smell it! I love making this, but never tried this way. Going to though. Thanks.
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on March 28, 2009:
Hi Triplet Mom, thanks for commenting. It really is very simple and doesn't take much time at all. Hope you enjoy.
Triplet Mom from West Coast on March 28, 2009:
Journey - Wow that sounds like a very simple and yummy recipe I am going to have to give it a try. Thank you.