Hi Foodies! I am Urwa Khan, Shish Tawook is served in every restaurant in the Middle East. You can easily make them at home.
How to Make Shish Tawook Chicken Kabab
Shish Tawook can be one of the most delectable chicken Kabobs around. The name focuses on its Turkish starting points (Tavuk şiş) anyway it is a common chicken BBQ dish in virtually every Middle Eastern country, and with Persians having their own Jujeh Kabob version. It is usually ordered as a sandwich of grilled chicken rolled in a piece of pita bread with some Lebanese garlic sauce and some fresh salad, fries and I have even had it once with lettuce & mayo. Shish Tawook can be found in most fast-food restaurants. It can also be served on a plate with a side of rice and grilled veggies. In its most basic form, it is just grilled chicken breast, but the secret is in the marination. This recipe is all about the marinade.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Marination mixture preparation: In a bowl, add lemon juice, tomato paste, minced garlic, paprika powder, cumin powder, white paper powder, oregano leaves, salt, yogurt, and oil, all the ingredients combine well.
- Marination: Add chicken to a mixture, cover it and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Soak the skewers: Soak the wooden skewers in water for 2 hours, let the chicken come to room temperature. Arrange the chicken cubes and capsicum in skewers, repeat the same process with the rest of the chicken.
- Cook in the grilled pan: Heat some oil in the grilling pan, place skewers and cook them for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes on each side. Cook on medium flame. When you see little burning marks you are done.
- Serving: serve with Lebanese garlic sauce and some fresh salad of your choice.
- 600g chicken boneless, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablesoppn tomato paste
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon white paper powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons yogurt / sour cream
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 capsicum, medium size
- Skewers pre soaked
- Some oil for grilling
- Lebanese garlic sauce
Kindly Rate This Recipe
© 2021 Urwa