I enjoy sharing deliciously mouthwatering vegetarian recipes with the world.The Kitchen Kahaniyan is a collection of such delicious recipes
Shahi Thandai Recipe by the Kitchen Kahaniyan
Keep your body cool and mind, stress free. This Shahi Thandai is made using many royal ingredients (pistachios, almonds, fennel seeds, khus-khus, melon seeds, cardamom, saffron and rose petals) each a known body temperature moderator and health booster in itself. Together these ingredients make for a delicious and super healthy drink just perfect for the harsh summer days.
Also it is the must have drink for the upcoming Holi celebrations!
Things You'll Need
- 1 cup almonds (badam)
- 1/2 cup white poppy seeds( khus khus)
- 1/2 cup melon seeds (magaj)
- 1/2 cup pistachios (pista)
- 12-15 black peppercorns (sabut kali mirch)
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder ( elaichi powder)
- 1 cup sugar
- few strands saffron (kesar)
- chilled milk
- rose petals
Instructions To make the Thandai Paste
- Put the almonds, pistachios, white poppy seeds, melon seeds, fennel seeds and black peppercorns in separate bowls and soak them overnight.
- Blanch and peel the almonds
- Keep aside a few soaked pistachios and almonds and chop them into silvers. They will be used for garnishing.
- Strain the water from the soaked ingredients and wash them with a bit of water. ***Make sure to use a strainer with fine holes or else the poppy seeds might get drained away.***
- Put all of these in a blender jar.
- Add to the jar the cardamom powder.
- Blend the mixture slowly.
- To it add a little bit of water to give it a paste-like consistency.
- Add the sugar.
- The Shahi Thandai Paste is Ready!! Empty this paste in a airtight container and store in a refrigerator.
- This Thandai can be used for about 10-15 days, when stored in an airtight container.
Instructions for Serving the Shahi Thandai
- In a bowl take a few strands of saffron and soak them in 1 -2 spoonful milk and keep it aside. In a few minutes the saffron color and flavor will be infused in the milk.
- In the serving glass, add 1 and a 1/2 spoonful of the Shahi Thandai Paste.
- Add the chilled milk.
- Add the saffron infused milk.
- Garnish with the almond and pistachio silvers.
- Add the Rose petals.
The delicious glass of Shahi Thandai is ready to be served and savored.
See the entire Recipe
© 2021 S Ahlawat