I am a blogger and content writer. I will try my best to give best articles.
Lauki Ka Halwa
Lauki Halwa is a sweet Indian dish which is made from bottle gourd. This dish is very healthy and nutritious. Eating this dish can reduce many health related problems such as acidity, as it is very alkaline. It also help in reducing liver inflammation and also helps cure many more health related issues.
So lets make the dish:
- 1 Bottle gourd (it should be pelled)
- 2 cups Milk
- A pinch baking soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon Chironji
- 5-6 Almonds (should be chopped)
- 5-6 Cashew nut (should be chopped)
For Garnish :
- Rose petals
- Silver vark
- Mint sprig
- Fried Cashew nut
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Take a pan add 3-4 tablespoon Ghee.
- Take Lauki (Bottle Gourd) peel it and grater it.
- Now put this grated Lauki in the pan of ghee and saute it well on medium flame.
- Cook the Lauki until its become transparent like ash gourd.
- Take another pan and add 2 cups of milk in it.
- Add a pinch of baking soda in the milk and keep heating on medium flame.
- After few minutes pour the hot milk to the sauteed Lauki.
- Keep the flame medium and keep stirring constantly.
- Add some chopped almonds and cashew nuts and keep stirring.
- Once the milk is absorbed add sugar.
- Keep stirring continuously until the halwa turns thick.
- Now add sugar in it.
- Now, add cardamom powder and cook for two minutes.
- Don't add excess of baking soda in the milk as it may split.
- Peel the Lauki (Bottle Gourd) slowly and nicely.
- Don't stop stirring until the Halwa becomes thick.
- Don't be in hurry
Final Steps :
- Chop some Almonds, Cashew nuts and Chironji.
- Take a pan add ghee in it.
- Put the nuts in the pan and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add these fried nuts in the Halwa.
- Garnish it with rose petals, silver vark and mint sprig.
Hope to try this interesting recipe and do share your comments.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. It is not meant to substitute for diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, prescription, or formal and individualized advice from a veterinary medical professional. Animals exhibiting signs and symptoms of distress should be seen by a veterinarian immediately.
© 2021 krishnaj