I am a mom of three with a career and a love for cooking. Whether you have been cooking for years or weeks, these recipes are perfect.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 lb linguini
- 4 tbsp olive oil (divided into 2)
- I lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 little neck clams
- 26 oz crushed tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 tbsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- Soak clams for 30 minutes in fresh water. This will allow them release any sand.
- Boil 5 quarts water, with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil to large sautee pan, set over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion to sautee pan and cook until onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add crushed tomato, red pepper flakes, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper, stir together and let simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Wash your shrimp and clams under cold water. This takes no more than a minute. Let the water drain for about 5 minutes.
- Add Liguini to boiling water and let cook for roughly 8 minutes or until desired tenderness
- Add clams and shrimp to your sauce and cook for 5-6 minutes. **Clams may not all open. Take unopened clams out and discard, this could mean they are not suitable for consumption
- Drain linguini and place in large bowl or deep tray.
- Arrange your seafood over your linguini as desired.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Celia Ribeiro