Sabzi Afghan Spinach Recipe
Sabzi (spinach) is a popular dish from Afghanistan. It is served as part of a main course with Basmati rice or pita bread and yogurt. The recipe below is Sabzi made with frozen chopped spinach.
Sabzi Afghan Spinach
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 6 to 8 People
- 3 Lb Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 9 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Dill
- 3 Tablespoons Coriander
- 3/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon/Lime Juice
Sabzi Cooking Instructions
- In a large pan, heat oil over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook until golden brown. Add spinach and cook until the spinach defrosts and water begins to boil.
- Add the dried dill, coriander, cilantro, black pepper, salt and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. For more flavorful dish, reduce to lowest heat setting and simmer for 10 more minutes or longer.
- Serve with Basmati rice or flat bread and Greek yogurt.
Scroll to Continue